Complaint Review: Nordic Track

• Submitted: Wed, January 05, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, January 05, 2011

• Reported By: Lenny — Lewiston New York Virgin Islands (US)
Nordic Track

Nordic Track Classic bait & switch Internet

Nordic Track bait & switch

Just got off the phone with very pleasant but unhelpful Nordic Track representative after waiting a full 35 minutes on hold.

Several months ago i ordered a Nordic Track treadmill from a sales rep who assured me the delivery company would bring the box inside my house to whatever room i chose. Upon delivery, the truck guy politely told me he didn't do that and i would have to figure it out myself. Unable to do it myself, I had him leave it on the side of the house until I could find a few friends to give me a hand. I covered the box with a tarp and made some phone calls.

My first call, of course, was to Nordic Track inquiring as to why I'd been told by their sales rep that the delivery company would bring the machine inside my house when that was never going to happen. After an apology I was told, in so many words, I was on my own.

A day or two later my neck of the woods experienced heavy rain and the tarp wasn't enough to prevent water from leaking into the box. My machine was ruined. After another call to Nordic Track I was once again told I was on my own.

So now I have a useless Nordic Track treadmill that cost me $1200 on the side of my house as a reminder of their Talmudic business practices. Please stay tuned as I am currently brainstorming potential domain names to warn others as to the dishonest manner that Nordic Track lures in and abandons its customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2011 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nordic-Track/internet/Nordic-Track-Classic-bait-switch-Internet-679002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nordic Track