Complaint Review: NordicTrack/ICON Health & Fitness

• Reported By: wandyj — Powder Springs Georgia United States of America
NordicTrack/ICON Health & Fitness
1500 South 1000 West Logan, Utah United States of America

NordicTrack/ICON Health & Fitness Defective Equipment Logan, Utah

In December 2011 I purchased an Elliptical from the NordicTrack website.  The equipment was not assembled until February 2012, I used the equipment from February until 2nd week in April 3-4 times a week.  While I was using the equipment the assembly part holding the peddle fell out of the connection while I was using the elliptical machine.  I contacted customer service, where it cost me and additional $30.00 to register the elliptical for the warranty so I could have the equipment repaired.  The elliptical I purchased was the NordicTrack E 5.7.  Additonally, the machine is making a scrubbing noise in the assembly where the motor is located.  This piece of equipment was not a cheap machaine so I did not expect to have to have it repaired with less the 100 hours of usage.  In additional to the purchase of the equipment I now feel that I have to purchase the extended warranty, since if it has problems with less than 2 months usage I am fairly confident that it will not last a year without additional problems.  So if you are looking for exercise equipment do yourself a favor and don't look for a NordicTrack.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2012 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NordicTrackICON-Health-Fitness/Logan-Utah-84321/NordicTrackICON-Health-Fitness-Defective-Equipment-Logan-Utah-868147. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NordicTrack/ICON Health & Fitness