• Report: #1019105

Complaint Review: Nordyne Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, February 23, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, February 26, 2013

• Reported By: Lesa — G. North Carolina United States of America
Nordyne Inc.
po box 8809 o'fallon, Missouri United States of America

Nordyne Inc. Nutone Titans of Crap o'fallon, Missouri

*General Comment: Nordyne responding?????

*General Comment: what happened to the installer

*UPDATE Employee: We've been trying to contact this customer.

I purchased a Gas pack in 2010 ( Nutone ) from Nordyne Inc. I have had to repair this unit every year.

I have emailed but so far no response. But from what I am hearing from this site, the BBB and neighbors I am not surprised.

It's time to consider alternative action. Any attorneys out there. if so, help.

I have spent labor cost's, lost wages, and have been frustrated beyond my last nerve. It's a shame that a person who spends their hard earned money in good faith, cannot even get a good quality product, much less customer support, empathy or any thing else that resembles good busines practices, or humanity.

I know the god mammon (money or possesions ) is the god of a lot of people, and it certainly shows at times like these. But ya can't take it with you, and it can be taken away. I for one am tired of being ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2013 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nordyne-Inc/ofallon-Missouri-63368/Nordyne-Inc-Nutone-Titans-of-Crap-ofallon-Missouri-1019105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nordyne Inc.

#1 General Comment

Nordyne responding?????

AUTHOR: Sad A/C person - ()

Since I see someone from Nordyne actually responded (which I cannot believe) I would like to make a couple of observations.

We sold and installed Nordyne products, Maytag, for several years.  Everything we sold with the exception of the last couple of months, was sold to us from the distributor with 10 year warranty on parts and labor out of the box.  They switched to a third party warranty company, Equiguard, right after we started selling it.  Within a year or so Equiguard went bankrupt.  Now we have to deal with an insurance company to pay us for claims.  Many times we call for approval we are told the "labor warranty was cancelled" or we have reached the limited liability on the claim.

Nordyne will not stand behind any of these claims, including the PARTS that are SUPPOSE to still be under warranty.  I even emailed Joe Brandt, someone I was told was high up and would listen.  Guess what?  NO response AT ALL!!!!!  So to add insult to injury, we have to PURCHASE a part from them that should be provided to us at no charge.

Selling Nordyne is THE worse business decision we have made in our 30 years in business.  I have no idea how any of these people sleep at night.  It is truely distgusting.  We are trying to help our customers as much as possible but it is becoming harder and harder.

Something needs to be done to make Nordyne accountable to their customers.

#2 General Comment

what happened to the installer

AUTHOR: billy - ()

Your unit is still in warranty.  You should be getting your installer involved to help you resolve your problems.

if your unit has legitimate problems then you should be able to get it resolved.

Your problem is the installer probably not properly handling things with the distributor.

But as always its the manufacturer that get the bad rap.....

We've been trying to contact this customer.

AUTHOR: palutisk@nordyne.com - (U.S.A.)

We received an email from this customer Sat. Feb. 23 at 10 am. We responded Monday Feb. 25 at 8 am via email that we still need more information in order to look into the complaints, namely the serial numbers from the unit. We have not yet heard back.

If the customer can call or email us with the serial numbers, we can look into the specific repairs done on the unit. We can be reached at 1-800-422-4328 Mon-Fri, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm CST.