Complaint Review: Nordyne

• Submitted: Thu, December 27, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, January 08, 2013

• Reported By: Jennifer, Sarasota FL — Sarasota Florida United States of America
Nordyne
8000 Phoenix Parkway O'Fallon, Missouri United States of America

Nordyne Maytag IQ Frigidaire NO fix! Maytag IQ System will not dehumifiy my Florida home, AC Tech "People are just ripping them out and going after Nordyne" O'Fallon, Missouri

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: ex-employee

I purchased a top of the line Maytag IQ system for my Florida home.  I immediatly noticed that the system was running all of the time.  It is a split system with a built in dehumifier.  It is now 64 degrees and the AC tech just visited my home.  The humidity is constant at 65% plus, and the only way to fix it is to turn the A/C unit on!  I have looked into having a seperate dehumifier installed, but have been told that will not fix the problem.  I have talked to several A/C companies in town and all are familiar with the faulty systems.  I have heard from 2 companies familiar with the system and both have said people are "ripping them out" and going after Maytag.  This humidity level poses a risk of mold growth, and I have begun to notice mold growing in areas of my home that was built in 1969, and has never had a problem.  I have a $14,000 A/C unit that will not dehumifiy, and my house is "sweating".  There is no solution other than a new system.  Nordyne response "call your tech" techs response "people are just ripping them out".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2012 08:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nordyne/OFallon-Missouri-63368/Nordyne-Maytag-IQ-Frigidaire-NO-fix-Maytag-IQ-System-will-not-dehumifiy-my-Florida-home-987519. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nordyne

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

ex-employee

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

In writing this i wish i could give my real name, i would very much love for them to know i wrote this. As much as i despise this company i did love doing what i did and the people i work with on the lines, not the hr people and would like to try again and that is what brought me to this site. I worked at nordyne 4  and a half years i was hvac for 3 of those years and issues like  in these reports  is the reason im not employed there now. i was pretty close the top people that called the shots and one of those people i trusted very much. My issue is if this report can help those people checking on purchasing a nordyne unit or those who has lost their money or maybe more it would make me feel better. when i worked there i was told that they had several lawsuits that was against nordyne because of several fires caused homes to burn and it was then i realize how much relies on safety precautions building these units. When i worked there the numbers was the most important thing to them, i was told to get those units out the door do what it took,cheat them with that i took every step on the ladder even to the corporite office in popular bluff, mo. to get someone to listen to me, keeping those contracts was not worth someones life,myself i lost 3 nephews in a fire. I could not deal with the stress of trying to do the right thing and at the same time catching hell from nordyne, i walked out so if this does help someone at least i got through to someone