- Report: #739245
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Nordyne
Nordyne8000 Phoenix Parkway O'Fallon, Missouri United States of America
Nordyne frigidaire Nordyne sells defective new equipment and then rips off customers. O'Fallon, Missouri
2. Serial number <deleted>
3. The unit was installed by AireCare, 214 park terrace court SE #83, Vienna VA 22180.
4. The installer is listed as an authorized dealer on the Frigidaire web site and I paid $ 6,500.
5. The unit malfunctioned from the beginning. It would make a very loud noise on the outdoor unit and not heat and cool properly.
6. AireCare contacted Nordyne technical support on numerous occasions to seek assistance. The Nordyne support was not able to assist the technician in adequately diagnosing the problem. They asked him to change the speed of the fan inside the house etc. to no avail.
7. The proprietor of AireCare then took ill and has not been contactable and his business is now presumed to no longer be operational.
8. My unit failed in late May 2011 again, and I had to call another authorized dealer KW Smith and Sons to diagnose the issue.
9. After several hours of work, they coincidently stumbled upon the problem which was a bad reverser valve. I was also informed that since the loud noise had been going on for many months, it was quite likely that the compressor was also now damaged or at least no longer capable of functioning for a normal lifespan for such a device.
10. Nordynes position on this issue was explained to me by their customer service supervisor April as follows: You should go and find out where the guy who owns AireCare lives and wait outside his house till he gives you your money back.
11. Nordyne takes no responsibility for publishing the names of these dealers on their official website or for work that they may do. They also hold the position that they are not responsible if these authorized dealers are in fact not qualified to install Nordyne systems or to troubleshoot them successfully.
12. KW Smith changed the reverser valve and charged me $ 1185 for the work. I still have a damaged compressor but the unit is functional. Nordyne paid for the valve which I contend has been bad from the day it was installed and is not the fault of the installer.
13. It is therefore my position that:
a. Nordyne sold a defective new unit with a bad reverser valve.
b. They did not adequately assist an authorized dealer in diagnosing the problem.
c. This has resulted in $ 1185 in additional costs for me and potential ongoing costs associated with a damaged compressor.
14. I would like a reimbursement of my expenses or a replacement of the unit and to urge action against a company that produces defective merchandize, blames their poor quality devices on inept authorized vendors and shows no compassion or support for such vendors or customers when illness forces the vendor out of business.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2011 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nordyne/OFallon-Missouri-63368/Nordyne-frigidaire-Nordyne-sells-defective-new-equipment-and-then-rips-off-customers-OFa-739245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.