Complaint Review: Nordyne

• Submitted: Tue, March 09, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, March 09, 2010

• Reported By: Jose — Council Bluffs Iowa USA
Nordyne

Nordyne Dausel Heating & Cooling - Sold me a pile of crap Heat Pump that hasn't worked right since installed - Internet

Through a friend I found an installer who said he could get me a good deal on a heat pump system.  So I told him go ahead and lets order it.  He sold me a Gibson Heat Pump system, that took approximately 4-6 months to even get shipped during which time the company he ordered his systems through filed Bankruptcy.

Once it was installed, I had problems with a little pin hole in the coil.  It took two months for my installer to be able to get a replacement coil, because Nordyne didn't want to work with him because he no longer sells that brand.  Finally that coil was replaced and the feon was refilled.

A month later that coil got a hole in it and all the feon leaked out again.  It took another month to get a new coil and this time my installer charged me $260 for feon that isn't covered under the warranty.

Now after running on Emergency Heat back up all winter, I decided to try to turn the system to heat pump and found that once again there is a problem with my system.  I am currently looking for a different service tech to come look at it because my previous installer said my 1 year service warranty is now up and he is not willing to help me fix something that has been wrong from the start.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2010 03:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nordyne/internet/Nordyne-Dausel-Heating-Cooling-Sold-me-a-pile-of-crap-Heat-Pump-that-hasnt-worked-ri-579444. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nordyne