Complaint Review: Nordyne/Gibson/Dave Daughrty

• Updated: Wed, September 05, 2012

• Reported By: jeff — Parkersburg West Virginia United States of America
Nordyne/Gibson/Dave Daughrty
515 33rd street Parkersburg, West Virginia United States of America

Nordyne/Gibson/Dave Daughrty KOOLMAX/VALLEY SUPPLY Switched out faulty heatpump with a normal A/C then would not reimburse me the difference in cost Parkersburg, West Virginia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Slander on this web site !

*UPDATE Employee: Would Like To Help

I had a heatpump installed by Koolmax, while I was in Iraq in 2008. The installer told me the heatpump was the way to go in my part of the U.S.A. I said, "is there an alternative to the heatpump". He advised me of the normal air conditioner and said it was a difference in price of about a thousand dollars. So I paid to have the heatpump installed.
 Now the heatpump failed due to a faulty valve. Told to me by the same installer- contractor from Koolmax, his name is Dave Daughrty. He ran several test parts on the heatpump and said the both lines were hot in the back of the unit. He explained this was not normal and a valve must have failed.
 He had been back and forth to the house for 4 times in 2 1/2 weeks. I started getting upset and he placed a stand alone air conditioner in my living room. This was a great inconveinance! I was greatfull however because it was 105 degrees or near there for several days.
 Dave decided it would be best to change out the heatpump with a normal air conditioner. He said I would not have a problem doing this and I could recover the difference in cost because the heatpump was covered under warrenty.
 Now the unit has been replaced and nobody wants to pay me the difference in cost. The distributer, Valley Supply Bill Smith, says talk to, Kool max or Dave Daughrty. He says I need to talk to Valley Supply Bill Smith. Since the unit is under warrenty I posed the question to the manufacturer and they told me to talk to the other guys. A vicious circle between the three.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2012 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NordyneGibsonDave-Daughrty/Parkersburg-West-Virginia-26104/NordyneGibsonDave-Daughrty-KOOLMAXVALLEY-SUPPLY-Switched-out-faulty-heatpump-with-a-nor-935284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nordyne/Gibson/Dave Daughrty

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Slander on this web site !

AUTHOR: Dave - (United States of America)

I am the contractor mentioned in this report. I installed a complete system, furnace, heat pump acoil, ductwork everything at this home in 2008. Whom ever or what ever company that installs any brand of system gives 1 year free labor and the manufacture gives up tp 10 years for most parts. I have been installing these for 9 years and is probably the only contractor in West Virginia or Ohio that has never charged a labor fee for anything I have sold in 9 years. I was not even obligated to go to this residence, but I did. His heat pump was was not working and doing things I had not seen before, I called Gibson's factory support and the factory techs had me try several things. I replaced the defrost board as directed, the fossil fuel kit as directed, the heat pump thermstat as directed.  The owner was getting upset over being too hot in the house, so I went out and bought a brand new 12,000 btu portable a/c unit at a cost of $348.00 and placed it in the homeowners house. In the conversation with him, he was questioned about storms and power surges because equipment like this does not have numerous parts go bad all at once. The home owner stated he had other electric devices that failed also at the same time period. I had Gibson tech support on the phone again and the differant test they had me run, they determined the compressor was also shorted out. They told me this had to be a lightning strike or some kind of power surge in which warranty does not cover and he will have to call his insurance company.

During my talk with the owner, it was disgussed replacing the heat pump with an conventional ac. If owner wanted to do an insurannce claim, I would pay him the difference between the 2, roughly as it turns out $256.00. The home owner calls me ranting the next day  that he was not calling his insurance company because that might make his insurance go up. I was not obligated to do anything, but to remedy this I replaced his heat pump with a new Gibson air conditioner unit at a cost of a $1000.00 out of my own pocket and now the home owner is trying to extort  a $1000.00 from me and the supplier claiming this is the difference. This is not going to happen. I will have a lawyer involved in this by tomorrow. I don't appreciate having my name slandered on this web site!

Would Like To Help

AUTHOR: Rogers - (United States of America)

Good Afternoon,

I am Rogers Earl and I work for Valley Supply Company.
I am sorry to hear about the difficult problems you are experiencing.
It is defiantly frustrating when no one seem to care.

This afternoon, 13:40 and 14:47 I tried to call the phone number I have; ends in 2831.  However, it does not seem to connect very well and seemed to disconnect me each time.  I figure I have the incorrect phone number.

I would like to help.

Please feel free to call my direct office number 304-635-7121.
I will be in my office from 7am to 8:30am, and then from 12:00pm to 13:30pm tomorrow, Thursday, September 6th, 2012.

Sincere thanks.