• Report: #820629

• Reported By: Illinois Consumer — Peoria Illinois United States of America
Norm Thompson
Jessup, Pennsylvania United States of America

Norm Thompson Lifetime Guarantee NOT Worth the Words Jessup, Pennsylvania

A few years ago, I purchased a leather back pack type purse for my wife from www.normthompson.com.  It arrived in the time promised and worked great for a few years. There was a swivel & clasp on the back to aid in getting it positioned.  The swivel came apart and I returned it to be replaced or receive credit for the purchase as stated in their warranty.
The purse was no longer handled by them, they said they couldn't repair it and when the refund arrived, it was for about $40 - I had paid over $100 for the purse.  When I called to question why, I was told that was the last price they had charged in the catalog! Even though they had a record of what I had paid at the time of purchase.

I asked for them to then return the purse so that we could try to have it repaired locally, "I'm sorry sir, but we no longer have the purse."  Talk about disappointed!  I wish I had just taken the purse to a local shoe repair shop first...this isn't what I call good customer service, nor is it in the spirit of a lifetime warranty statement.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2012 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Norm-Thompson/Jessup-Pennsylvania-18434/Norm-Thompson-Lifetime-Guarantee-NOT-Worth-the-Words-Jessup-Pennsylvania-820629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Norm Thompson