Complaint Review: Norm Thompson/Sahalie --Encore Marketing

Sahalie.com Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Cult

Norm Thompson/Sahalie --Encore Marketing Deceptive Business Practice Lanham Maryland

Received a membership notice/card via snail-mail from Complete Home on1/27/09. CH, I discovered, is A third-party affiliated with Norm Thompson a clothing company. The membership was for $129.99, to be renewed annually. When I called to cancel they informed me I was enrolled by depositing a $5.00 check from Norm Thompson. That's when I discovered, that Sahalie, a subsidary of Norm Thompson has been rewarding themselves to $14.95 billed to my Visa since Nov. of 2007. My wife upon ordering from Sahalie was duped into enrolling into their deceptive Rewads Program.

This program as I have learned from reading other complaints is administered by Encore Marketing a Maryland Company that the devil Sahalie has partnered with to exact their pound of flesh from unsuspecting customers.

When I called Encore they cancelled my membership and refunded approx.$30. I'm working on getting the other $200 dollars back from them. We'll see how that goes. When I called the Sahalie customer service representative -- she was curt and becam a "company girl" aping the line that upon intial order you have to insert email and agree to be enrolled in the Sahalie Rewards Program.

My wife, who is college-educated, and many others apparently didn't see the recurring charges. The company tool then proceeded to get flippant and ask me what I wanted her to do. Hmmm. I thought for a minute and then asked her if consumer loyalty was important. Why of course, she replied. She repeated that everything was clearly stated on their internet form. Judging for the number of complaints against her employer it obvoiusly isn't.

To enhance revenue, Sahalie has brokered a deal with several third-party organizations that take advantage of its customers. There apparently is no shame in the corporate world.

Tim
cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2009 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Norm-ThompsonSahalie-Encore-Marketing/nationwide/Norm-ThompsonSahalie-Encore-Marketing-Deceptive-Business-Practice-Lanham-Maryland-416976. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Norm Thompson/Sahalie --Encore Marketing