Complaint Review: Norristown Telephone - USBI

• Reported By: Justice — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Norristown Telephone - USBI

Norristown Telephone - USBI Unauthorized Charges Internet

*Consumer Comment: Me Too

I saw a charge for $16.78 from USBI - Norristown telephone on my AT&T bill.  I did not authorize any such charge.  I called USBI at 888-472-8724 and got through immeidately (even though I called on a Monday).  I spoke to an Anthony who told me that the service was for a "Dial Around Calling Plan."  I didn't even know what that was!  I told him to cancel the service immediately that I did not authorize it and that I want a full refund.  I asked how it got on my bill he said that I had authorized it (a lie) and gave me some email address that wasn't even mine!!

I will be checking my bill next month to see if this charge pops up again.  This is the 2nd time a fraudulent charge has shown up on my AT&T bill!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2009 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Norristown-Telephone-USBI/internet/Norristown-Telephone-USBI-Unauthorized-Charges-Internet-530784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Norristown Telephone - USBI

Me Too

AUTHOR: Renewed Minds - (United States of America)

I just noticed a charge on my account with AT&T.  I too called the number shown for USBI, and it is purportedly Norristown.  I spoke with John (Agent 1) and he said they will remove the charge.  I then called AT&T because I wanted to know HOW a company could submit charges to my account without authorization.  I was told by AT&T that the FCC allows this when a company receives either written or verbal authorization for services.  AT&T suggested I call USBI back and request a copy of the written or verbal confirmation for billing.  I did, and they gave me this e-mail address info@freecallzone.com (note it is neither USBI nor Norristown).  I was also given the address Norristown Telephone P.O. Box 1566 Blue Bell Norristown, Pa 19422.  This will continue as long as the FCC allows companys to do this.  Please write me at (((ROR redacted))) if you want to share what else (if anything else) was done to rectify this situation.