Complaint Review: North America Bancard

• Updated: Wed, March 05, 2014

• Reported By: Josh — Prince George Va Virginia
North America Bancard
250 Stephenson Hwy, Troy, MI 48083 , Select State/Province USA

North America Bancard Nabancard charged me for merchant account service but did not send me the equipment to use, and will not refund my money. Troy Michigan

I was approached in December by a NAB salesman that was trying to set my store up with a 45 day free trial of your merchant account service with iPads. I had concerns about the fees and he assured me that there was no monthly fee. He also said that he would provide a receipt printer and didn't mention any extra charges. My main concern was that we process credit card purchases at two locations on either side of the store, so he said that he would provide 2 iPads, since that would be necessary for how my store is set up. I received all of the equipment, except one of the iPads.

I called the salesman for weeks trying to get the second iPad so that I could start using the service. He always said that he is working on it. I then called NAB customer service about getting the second iPad. I waited for the equipment until I started getting charged for a monthly fee of $12.95, a receipt printer rental for $14.95, and a charge of $205.90, that I found out was because I was not using the equipment.

I called the salesaman and NAB customer service so many times since early February to try to explain the situation. The problem is that I was promised certain, necessary equipment (2 iPads), and did not start processing credit cards because the equipment had not shown up yet, but I was being charged anyway. I explained that I could never start using the service with only 1 iPad, so the problem is with the broken promise made by the salesman.

I finally received credit for the monthly fee and 1 month of "no use" charge, which totalled $111.95. I was told to contact the salesman to refund the remaining amount. He will not answer any of my calls. His boss says to keep calling NAB customer service and try to move up the ladder until someone gives me my money. He admits that the salesman gave me bad information but that he will not refund anything.

I have explained this situation to so many people at NAB customer service and I am always told that they understand my arguement and that I should get a full refund. However, nobody seems to know how I can get it. I keep getting told that the issue is with the salesman and I need to get my money from him. As I said earlier, he is not answering my calls anymore so I doubt he will open his wallet and pay me for his mistake. I have been promised twice that a supervisor who can refund my money will call me back, but that never happened.

I can not find anyone that works for this company that will refund the rest of my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2014 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-America-Bancard/Select-StateProvince/North-America-Bancard-Nabancard-charged-me-for-merchant-account-service-but-did-not-send-m-1128561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North America Bancard