Complaint Review: North American Award Claimes Department

• Updated: Mon, January 05, 2009

• Reported By:Norfolk Virginia
North American Award Claimes Department
2518 King Street Woodbridge, Ontario Canada

North American Award Claimes Department Aka Coverall North America Inc Final Award Notifications - Customer Compensation Draw Woodbridge Ontario

I received a letter From North American Award Claims Department in Woodbridge Ontario stating that I was a winner - included in the letter was a check in the amount of $4980. The letter goes on to say that my lump sum pay out would be $50,000. All I had to do to claim this prize was to call my claim agent, Mr. John Adams or e-mail him; the $4980 check was to assist with paying the necessary Goverment applicable taxes and insurance fees on my winning.

The next paragraph informed me that I would pay $2950 in taxes and that my claim agent would assist me on how to pay the money. Then I would apparently receive the "prize". Also, I would pay $10% of my total winning price to Coverall North America, Inc. for their sponsorship fees to avoid out of pocket expenditure from the winners.

The prize would be delivered to me by FedEx or UPS courier services.
Needless to say I opted to not contact this company to claim this so-called prize. Especially since I never registered to win anything in the most recent past!!

Beware - this appears to be a major scam!

Sarah
Norfolk, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2009 07:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-American-Award-Claimes-Department/Woodbridge-Ontario-L4H0A6/North-American-Award-Claimes-Department-Aka-Coverall-North-America-Inc-Final-Award-Notific-408441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North American Award Claimes Department