Complaint Review: North American Bancard & Mike Hughes

• Updated: Mon, September 12, 2011

• Reported By: Emily — Hendersonville Tennessee USA
North American Bancard & Mike Hughes
250 Stephenson Highway, Troy, Michigan United States of America

North American Bancard & Mike Hughes Global Pay, NAB NAB and Mike Hughes in Hendersonville, Tennessee Troy, Michigan

*Author of original report: Mike Hughes

*UPDATE Employee: Wanting to assist...

Mike Hughes told us our cc processor would arrive Friday 08-26, I found out later it was not even ordered until 08-26. Mike Hughes told me to run 5 separate transactions for one customer on the same cc each random amounts under $2,000 to total full amount due. Discover card autho'd 3 of the payments and held the next 2 because of suspicious activity. NAB gave my company a merchant number and approval to run transaction of which 6 did go through & then they decided that our account was not approved after all. The Company under the name Global Pay drafted $3,566.58 from our bank account causing all our payroll checks to be returned and hundered of dollars in NSF charges for ourselves as well as our emplyees. needless to say the BBB has been informed and so have you DON'T waste your time on this nightmare of a company

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2011 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-American-Bancard-Mike-Hughes/Troy-Michigan-48083/North-American-Bancard-Mike-Hughes-Global-Pay-NAB-NAB-and-Mike-Hughes-in-Hendersonville-775238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North American Bancard & Mike Hughes

Mike Hughes

AUTHOR: Emily - (USA)

Rebecca,

I thank you for your prompt response. However Mike Hughes the person that represented NAB/Global Pay to us who sold the product/services to us and stated "if you have any questions at all please call me" is the entire reason those transactions were ever ran. He stated himself not to "worry about the guidelines" just to refund the large amount and then run smaller transactions under $2,000 each and they would go through without having to deal with you guys. We are in a very small office and have witnesses to what he told us. He lied about when the terminal would arrive and he clearly does not even know the company's procedures as he kept reminding me to "batch out" which is unnecessary as the system batches itself out at 1am each morning. I agree with you the correct procedures should have been followed. However, I believed they were being followed as I trusted Mike and did what he told me to do. Total NSF charges and late fees have totaled $2,215 so far. I am waiting to hear from the last employee affected by this. As all paychecks were returned as a result of NAB

I will be in touch and again I appreciate your time and attention to this matter.

Wanting to assist...

AUTHOR: North American Bancard - (USA)

I'm very sorry to hear that you had a misunderstanding regarding your account with us.

Each account is set up with an average and high ticket amount.  A welcome letter explaining your account parameters was sent to the DBA Address with the equipment provided by NAB.  It clearly states on this letter "Should you need to process any transaction, including a credit, that is greater than your high ticket amount, listed above, please contact the Risk Department, in advance..."

One transaction of $8536.38 was processed on 09/01/11 which was held by our Risk Department.  According to notes, the agent then advised you to refund this transaction, and run multiple smaller sales to not raise any flags.  You should never run multiple sales to "stay under the radar" when the transaction was for an amount in excess of your high ticket limit.

The amount listed in your complaint of $3566.58 was the result of a credit issued in the amount of $8536.38 for the processed Discover transaction.  This credit was done by someone at your location.  Not by NAB, nor did NAB advise anyone at your location to run this credit.

I would love to speak to the account principal about this further.  Please contact me directly at 866-485-8999 x 1314 at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,