Complaint Review: North American Bancard

• Updated: Mon, July 07, 2014

• Reported By: Jeff — Lakeville Minnesota
North American Bancard
Internet USA

North American Bancard AKA Pay Anywhere Opens account, waits for you to process and holds your money.Internet

*Consumer Comment: My response

*Consumer Comment: Good luck with that!

*Consumer Comment: North American Bancard

*Author of original report: Update

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact us

Much like the gentleman above, I really wish I would have realized and did a little more research to find out Pay Anywhere uses this North American Bancard to officially process.  I opened an account, went throught the underwriting, and had my account approved.

I processed three transactions totaling just under $1,000.00.  After five business days I was told my account is under review, that it is normal and would be officially opened in a couple days (I dont understand why they would allow transactions to process if my account was not fully opened).  After three more days I still received nothing and was transfered to the "risk" department, which is just a fancy name for North American Bancard.  I was told my business is considered high risk (consulting) and that my account would be closed.

At this point it would have just been frustrating and a bad customer service experience; but here is where it gets unbelievable.  I asked when the funds would be released to me and they told be 180 days.  I told them that was completely unacceptable, and that is they are going to hold it for that long to please just refund my customers back and even though it would be embarrassing, I will just inform them I need a new form of payment (Check, or whatever).  They told me that they would not release the funds to me and they would refuse to credit the customer back.  There is no other way to take this other than, we are taking your (or my customer's) money and holding it for ourselves.

I can certainly understand and appreciate that merchant processors have to worry about security and reducing their own risk; but this is just an unacceptable way of doing business.  They fact that they opened my account, waited several days for me to start processing transactions and then put my account under review and cancel it.  Something is not right here.  I am just glad that I only processed the three transactions and then decided to wait to make sure they had processed everything correctly.

I would really think twice before using them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2013 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-American-Bancard/internet/North-American-Bancard-AKA-Pay-Anywhere-Opens-account-waits-for-you-to-process-and-holds-1062313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North American Bancard

My response

AUTHOR: Jacob's Electronics - ()

Hi,

I had a similar issue with Pay Anywhere. LLC.

My Report can be read here; http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pay-Anywhere/Troy-Michigan-48083/Pay-Anywhere-PayAnywherecom-NA-Bancard-Troy-Michigan-Unauthorised-fees-Troy-Michigan-1146631

I filed a calim with the Better Business Bureau, the next business day I received a call from Pay Anywhere.

They told me they would credit back the (fee) "as a good will gesture".

If and when I receive the money I am owed I will follow up with my claim .

If I do not receive the money owed I will file a motion with the court within my county.

They are only an hour away from my location, I would love to see them in court, I will even serve the papers myself.

Just a reminder to never do business with this (company).

Good luck with that!

AUTHOR: Yani - ()

I saw the rebuttal to this post from North American Bancard. I had the same issue with them a couple of years ago and i received the same rebuttal! My issue with them was never taken care of....costing me hundreds of dollars due to an issue about my NAB agent telling me there would be NO cancellation fees if i cancelled my merchant account. Apparently, this NAB agent did not 'record' this, thus the NAB corporate office charged me over $700 to cancel my account!  Dont they regulate what their agents say to 'honest' people like me who own a business and want to deal with a 'reputable' credit card company? OH My GOD!

They are complete SCAMMERS!

When i called in to them, all they wanted to do is talk to you about being able to 'maybe' lower their cancellation fees and other fees in order to prevent them from reporting you to the credit report agencies and thus destroying my good credit history.

UNBELIEVABLE! These ripoff reports 'validate' what this company is all about. Buyer Beware! DO NOT ever do business with this company! FYI: I am now with EXSCreditCardProcessing,com who did NOT screw me and provided me with much lower rates and a free credit card terminal...plus i did not have any long term contract to worry about any cancellation fees... Folks...simply 'google' the keyword 'North American Bancard ripoff or scam' and you will see what i am talking about! I am still streaming about what they did to me...

North American Bancard

AUTHOR: Texas - ()

I am a victum of North American Bancard who is currently hold my money hostage. I have called 5 times and the last woman I spoke with tryed very hard to explain their right to hold my money "They needed to perform a business audit". Not happening friends,, they have no right. I have filed a complaint with the Texas Attorney General and I suggest all merchant victums do so in their own state and follow the advice given. I have also filed written complaints with Visa, Master Card and Discover. I no longer accept cards and my customers need it. Its theft on a grand (perhaps global) scale.

Update

AUTHOR: Jeff - ()

Thank you for the post Michelle.  I have made more than two calls per week to your number and nothing is being done.  I was actually told at one point to have my customers call their banks and dispute them and that would get their money back.  Is that seriously a suggestion I should make to my customers?  Unfortunately at this point, I have had to get my attorney involved, we have sent you a certified letter demanding the funds be released or refunded to the customer by July 24.  I just hung up the phone with your company again, and you are refusing to do so.

I am now in the process of filing a complaint with the Minnesota and Michigan Attorney Generals Office.  Any chance I get, I am trying to spread the word about how you operate and what you have done.

I will state my point once again.  I can certainly understand that you have the right to cancel my account because you consider consulting and travel high risk, and you do not release the funds to me.  I cannot wrap my head around the fact that you are refusing to refund my customers cards until September.  So the only recourse is I refund them out of my pocket; so not only losing the revenue, but losing it twice.

I'm sorry, but the only thing to describe this is a con.  Judging by the reviews and comments on the internet, I am obviously not the only one to fall for it.  Hopefully I am the last.

Please contact us

AUTHOR: North American Bancard - ()

We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occured. Unfortunately, we are not able to locate your specific account based on your post, however I'd love to speak with you further regarding it. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at 866-485-8999 ext 1443. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and I look forward to speaking to you. Thank you for your time. Michele Baxter,Senior Analyst.