Complaint Review: North American Financial Services

• Submitted: Tue, January 31, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, January 31, 2006

• Reported By:South King County Washington
North American Financial Services
1876 Washington Street Providence, Rhode Island U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-565-5386
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

North American Financial Services ripoff Providence Rhode Island

I was ripped off by a fradulant company, known as North American Financial Services. I firmly believe that each person involved in this company needs to be reprimanded and this business taken off the internet and wherever else it may advertise itself.

I recently applied for a loan with this company, and received a call from Scot Logan. He presented himself to be a loan representative of this company. He told me that I was approved for a loan of $5,000. He then explained to me that I needed to sign some documents and pay a collateral up front before obtaining my loan.

I received the faxed documents and read them over and signed and faxed back to Scot. I still have those documents in my possession.

When I faxed them over, Scot said that everything looked good. And the next step would be to make the collateral payment. He then proceeded to give me the information I needed to do this. He gave me specific instructions about wiring the money to a person residing in Victoria, BC, named Mary Davis. He gave me that name and her address, which is 3660 Quadra St, Victoria BC, V8X 4B3. No phone number, however, I had asked him about that and he said that he is supposed to have communications with this lender - not me.

I asked him if I could mail him a check or have that collateral payment ($592.62) taken out of the loan itself and have Mary (posing as a private lender) send me the rest of the loan. He wouldn't agree to it.

He began to get a bit impatient and seemed flustered after a while.

First Money Gram, would not allow me to wire money to a person in Canada. They suspected of this person to be a fraud. So, I went to Western Union online and was able to wire the payment to Canada.

I wired the money on Friday, Jan 27th in the evening. Scot informed me that I needed to call him back with the ref. number, which I did. That was Friday night. Monday morning came and no call back Scot. I called maybe multiple times and left several messages and had him paged a few times as well.

Tuesday, today, I call Scot back two more times and left one message. I said in his message, "If I don't hear from you by noon today (my time) I will take further action against you and the company. About three or four hours later, I was unable to reach him on that business number. He had the line disconnected.

So, then I wrote an email to the company (N. American Fin) and explained to them that I was swindled and I expect a full refund. I've gotten no repsonse.

I have reported this company to the BBB, and to the Attorney General in Rhode Island. What I am wanting out of this is a settlement for myself, a refund of that collateral payment and jail time for Scot Logan (or whatever his name is). I feel that I have been violated and this needs to stop before another victim comes on this website.

SKC, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2006 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-American-Financial-Services/Providence-Rhode-Island-02914/North-American-Financial-Services-ripoff-Providence-Rhode-Island-174126. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North American Financial Services