Complaint Review: North American Membership Group (

• Submitted: Tue, September 26, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, September 26, 2006

• Reported By:Coos Bay Oregon
North American Membership Group (
12301 Whitewater Drive Minnetonka, Minnesota U.S.A.

NAMG, North American Membership Group, National Street Machine Club FRAUDULENT BILLING PRACTICES!! Minnetonka Minnesota

This a copy of the email I sent to them 4 days ago with still no response:

I had initially signed up for this clubs services, when I received my 1st magazine and other membership stuff (stickers, etc), I decided that I did not want this subscription. I followed their instructions on how to cancel, by simply writing CANCEL on the bill. I did that back in August/2006.

In Sept/2006 I received a "nasty gram" from the club stating that they would trash my credit if I didnt submit payment immediatley!

Again, the opt out notice was printed on the invoice of "simply write cancel" to cancel you account. I felt as if I had no choice and also included a check for the amount demanded. And I again wrote cancel on the statement.

I was totally surprised that you cashed the check. Since I had stated CANCEL on the billing "attached" to the check. I even stated "EXTORTION PAYMENT" in the "check memo" field, and you happily cashed it.

At this point im debating on whether to just let it go or file a complaint with my states Attorney General, Better Business Bureau and Rippoffreport.com

Guess what I am doing !!! Go rip off report!!

Coos Bay, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2006 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-American-Membership-Group-/Minnetonka-Minnesota-55343/NAMG-North-American-Membership-Group-National-Street-Machine-Club-FRAUDULENT-BILLING-PRA-212809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North American Membership Group (