Complaint Review: North American Membership Group AND National Street Machine Club

• Submitted: Fri, December 21, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, December 21, 2007

• Reported By:Stockton, CA California
North American Membership Group AND National Street Machine Club
Minnetonka, Minnesota U.S.A.

North American Membership Group AND National Street Machine Club Fraudulant Billing on a Bogus Membership Minnetonka Minnesota

My husband was "signed up" for an honorary membership to the National Street Machine Club. Neither one of is really sure how or why, but OK right?!
Wrong!!

This was suppose to be a 30 day membership, after that time we were then billed for the next 2 years worth of membership, not a lot, $24.00, but that is not the point. At first we sort thought well if we don't send in a payment they will eventually just get it that we are not interested in thier membership. after all we did not seek them out and we never signed anything stating that we DID want the membership.

A couple of months go by and we get another bill, this one a little nastier than the last but assume this is a "scare tactic" to sort of "force" us into joining and again we ignore it, sure that this will be the last of them.

Finally, we get a threat of "collections" from this company stating that we signed up for this and we really need to pay the bill. Finally I am thinkin' that is it! I call the membership company and explained to them we don't know what this is, where it came from or why we are "honorary members" but we did not ask for it and it needs to be cancelled because we are not paying any bill. This nice lady in customer service says "Oh, I am sorry this happened to you I will cancel your membership right now and you will not hear from us again."

COOL, or so I thought....Just a couple days ago I get this collections notice from a collections agancy called 'Retreival Masters Credit Bureau' in N.Y. So I am thinking Huh? I call them and the gal says "So you never ordered this service?" I say "No". She says "OK I will close it out and you won't get another notice." I know what you are thinking, me too....That was just way to easy, I'm not convinced.

So, again I call the membership company and I get the CSR named "Chris" she says to me that was cancelled back in Oct and it may take 30 days to fully cancel.....HUH!? It's December, does she not have a basic knowledge of the US Calander? That was almost 60 days ago, so I say "Listen this is going to effect my husbands credit if is not dealt with here can I speak to a supervisor? She actuall said to me "NO! we don't have his social security number so you don't have to worry about it affecting his credit." Then she literally HUNG UP ON ME!

Well you can bet you sweet patutity that Yes I most certainly did call back and speak to her supervisor, who is hopefully as we speak pulling out is monitored calls recording and going to FIRE her, but needless to say he did tell me that he would contact the collections agency as well and ensure that this was in fact closed out and I should not hear from either of them again, I guess we'll see.

Lisa
Stockton, CA, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2007 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-American-Membership-Group-AND-National-Street-Machine-Club/Minnetonka-Minnesota/North-American-Membership-Group-AND-National-Street-Machine-Club-Fraudulant-Billing-on-a-B-293683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North American Membership Group AND National Street Machine Club