Complaint Review: North American Sweepstakes - Global Maxfin Financial

• Updated: Sat, May 09, 2009

• Reported By:Littleton Colorado
North American Sweepstakes - Global Maxfin Financial
Sun Tower, 509 Pay Ave, Suite 917 Nova Scotia, Nova Scotia Canada

North American Sweepstakes - Global Maxfin Financial Sweepstakes Scam Nova Scotia Nova Scotia

*Consumer Comment: Fake Cheque

*Consumer Suggestion: Global Maxfin

I received a check in the amount of $4,920.00 and a letter stating that I had won 250,000.00. The letters states that in order to collect the remaining balance, I needed to pay my taxes of $3,450.00 via Western Union or Money Gram from Walmart. I was curious, so I called my "claim agent" Jennifer Moore. She informed me that I had won $250,000 in the North American Sweepstakes and that I needed to cash the check. She would then send me information on how my name got entered into the drawing, and how the money would work. Closing the conversation with "cash the check." Please beware and share the information so that our senior citizens do not fall for this and have their accounts frozen.

Sunshine
Littleton, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2009 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-American-Sweepstakes-Global-Maxfin-Financial/Nova-Scotia-Nova-Scotia-B4A-1E6/North-American-Sweepstakes-Global-Maxfin-Financial-Sweepstakes-Scam-Nova-Scotia-Nova-Sco-450053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North American Sweepstakes - Global Maxfin Financial

AUTHOR: Atlanta Guy - (U.S.A.)

You can try to cash it. Then you would be arrested for bank fraud. It's your choice - cash it and go to prison, or trash it.

Fake Cheque

AUTHOR: Ray - (Canada)

It is a fake cheque and when the company denies issueing the cheque you will be forced to return the money.Do not moneygram any money.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Global Maxfin

AUTHOR: Kneadmuscles53 - (U.S.A.)

When I received the scam letter from Global Maxfin Financial, I noticed the check enclosed had nothing whatsoever to do with the information they gave me. I went onto the website of the bank name printed on the check, expecting the check to be fake. After dialing the toll free number for the First National Bank of Greenville, Pennsylvania, I was given the option to verify that there were sufficient funds in the account number at the bottom of the check for the check number in the upper right-hand corner. To my complete surprise, there is enough money in a valid account to cover this check.

In the morning, I am calling an officer at this bank to tell them I received the check and scam letter. Then, I am reporting the letter to the Postmaster General and the FBI.

I am curious, though, whether I could take this check to the First National Bank in Pennsylvania and cash it without affecting me at all ( as long as this is not a stolen check )?