Complaint Review: North American Sweepstakes Lottery

• Updated: Tue, October 13, 2009

• Reported By: bald but not stupid — Burton Ohio USA
North American Sweepstakes Lottery
500 Casino Square New York, New York United States of America

North American Sweepstakes Lottery Niagrs Casino New York The sweepstake claimed that I had won 55,500.00 and that a check for $3,955.00 was enclosed. I should call the number and ask for Bob Marcindi. I never entered.was not in Niagra Casino New York, New York

I received a check for $3,955.00 and a letter stating that I had won $55,500.00 in a sweepstake lottery held by Niagra Casino New York. I was instructed to vall Mr. Bob Marcindi and to follow his instuctions. He told me to cash the check and call him for further instructions on how to pay the taxes of $2,700.00.The payment was to be made by Western Union or Moneygram which drew my doubt after more consideration. This fellow was very convincing in the legitimacy of my check and futher money mailings. He did ask for an account number which I did not give. I asked how I had come to win since I have never been to Nigra Casino New York and was told that I had entered in another casino.Ilooked for HSBC on 452 Fifth Ave. New York 10018 and there's no listing.Also the number for Niagra Casino was wrong.The area code for the number I called was not New York but in Canada.I can't believe that I almost fell for this scam and even let my wife and daughter know about it. Now I feel like a complete fool but lucky to have given it more thought.better to have thought than been caught--SCAMED--

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2009 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-American-Sweepstakes-Lottery/New-York-New-York-11100/North-American-Sweepstakes-Lottery-Niagrs-Casino-New-York-The-sweepstake-claimed-that-I-ha-508767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North American Sweepstakes Lottery