Complaint Review: North Atlantic Financial Group Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, June 25, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, June 25, 2007

• Reported By:Green Bay Wisconsin
North Atlantic Financial Group Inc.
73 Richmond St W Toronto Ontario, Ontario Canada

North Atlantic Financial Group Inc. 2007 North America Sweepstakes Lottery Ripoff Toronto Ontario Canada

I just won $2,950.00 from the 2007 North America Sweepstakes Lottery held on April 27, 2007 in the 2nd catagory. However, since I'm curious by nature, I've noticed some differences on the envelope, the company, the check and the rest was just history. At first i didn't think anything about it, until after a long interview I had elsewhere.

While at the library, I did some googling. Low and behold, there were reports about checks being passed out to by-standers all over the world. I've contacted the bank, the company the check was being issued from. The company address where the check was from is real, however, the rest is not. I've contacted whoever I could about this situation, I also showed this to my family to see what their opinions were. My sister informed me that two of her friends recieved the same thing, however one didn't realize it was a fake.

I've decided to help out expose these rediculous checks so that people will know what is going on. And no, I didn't cash in, I wrote to the bank M&T Bank, they just recieved my e-mails scans of the orginal letter as well as the check. They are going through the fraud department with these information. Hopefully, i made a difference.

Here are some things that can help you understand right away once anyone recieves these checks. First of all, the checks are REAL. Secondly, if you don't see a return address on the front of the envelope, then you should know that you are recieving a fake winning from these people. It'll say something AWARD CLIAM FINAL NOTIFCATION. Also, what should pop up first thing is a CANADA MAILING ADDRESS on the upper right hand corner. Don't forget the Canada stamp on the envelope. It'll also say: Attn; Sir/Madam. Then it proceeds to give you a lottery number information.

In the middle of the letter, it will indicate to inform you that you should contact this person on how to process your winnings. It says on my orginal letter: "THE TAX AMOUNT IS $3,950.00 TO BE PAID EITHER BY WESTERN UNION OR MONEY GRAM" Then it proceeds to "PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THIS CHECK UNTIL YOU CALL AND SPEAK WITH YOUR CLAIM AGENT MR WELLINGTON BROWN. AT 1-647-7850 FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATION AND INSTRUCTIONS ON CLAIMING YOUR WINNINGS.

The check that was given to me were detailed as;
Featherstone Supply Inc
Wbe certified in nys
6136 south salina st.
Syracuse., NY 13205

It has a M&T Bank logo in the middle of the check, the check has my name on it without an address and a recent date the check was drawn. Last but not least, it has a Pam something signature on it.

I've contacted to claims agent, they told me it's okay to deposite the check and send them $3,950.00 to a person named Juliet Jones, they claim her to be a tax officer.

This is the address to the tax officer:
Juliet Jones
4253 KEEL RD
North York

Hopefully everyone will know once they read this.

Green Bay, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2007 05:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Atlantic-Financial-Group-Inc/Toronto-Ontario-Ontario-M5H-4E8/North-Atlantic-Financial-Group-Inc-2007-North-America-Sweepstakes-Lottery-Ripoff-Toronto-256825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Atlantic Financial Group Inc.