Complaint Review: North Carolina State Government - Child Support Enforcement

• Submitted: Sat, January 24, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, January 24, 2004

• Reported By:w-s North Carolina
North Carolina State Government - Child Support Enforcement
Anderson Plaza, 100 E Six Forks Rd. Raleigh, North Carolina U.S.A.

North Carolina State Government - Child Support Enforcement ripoff Raleigh North Carolina

I am a mother of three girls, ages 11,9,and 8. i am also in the unique position of being fed up with NCChild Support (Forsyth County). In this I am a payor as well as a payee. I was in this position for 9 years until this past august 26, 2003. I went to court to have the courts terminate my child support case because i was tired of the workers not advocating my case enough.

I was tired of inconsistent child support payments and the last straw came when i received a payment for may of 2003 and had to forfeit august child support because of a mistake in accounting in raleigh. i had no problems when it came down to me paying support because it is automatically with held out of my paycheck. however when it comes down to me receiving it - thats another matter entirely. I've gone as far as going with a private collection agency to try to get my child support that way only to find out that north carolina is one of the few states that will not cooperate with private agencies. so now i am back to square one. dealing with an incompetent (at best) agency who only rotates workers from one case to another instead of making sure they did their jobs. I am paying support - i only wish that they worked that hard for me.

hmm...
maybe if i went back on welfare and had the state completely support myself and my children like before i would probably see better results.

Karen
winston-salem, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2004 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Carolina-State-Government-Child-Support-Enforcement/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27609/North-Carolina-State-Government-Child-Support-Enforcement-ripoff-Raleigh-North-Carolina-78008. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Carolina State Government - Child Support Enforcement