Complaint Review: North Dallas Equestrian

• Reported By: Ruby — United States of America
North Dallas Equestrian
615 Highridge Lane, McKinney, TX McKinney, Texas United States of America

North Dallas Equestrian Starved my Horse McKinney , Texas

I've meant to write this for a while now. The owner is deceitful and is a liar. He cuts corners on horses care to make few more dollars. When my Thoroughbred 16 hand horse Ruby arrived there I was told she would get plenty of hay. Instead they over grained her and gave her one flake in the mornings and one in the evenings. there is also very little grass in the fields. When she started to lose weight I asked the owner Derek about her hay and he assured me she would get more hay. She was still losing weight so I asked again and was told again she would get more hay. I spoke with the barn help who said they would give her more. She started to gain back and then was losing again. he had been told by Derek not to increase her hay when he found out. I asked the barn manager to speak to a nutritionist, which are normally free at the feed store, or they could give her senior feed to supplement the roughage. When she had lost 75 pounds I spoke to Derek again and he said he wanted $100 more in board to feed her more than one flake twice a day. I agreed to this because I wanted time to look for a new barn. I Couldn't get out of there fast enough. Derrick and his barn manager are not very knowledgable horse people and it is not a safe place for the horses as well as the children riding there. There was always an accident waiting to happen due to their lack of knowledge. It's a nice facility which attracted me to the place but not at the cost of my horses health. Also I grew up on a top notch dressage facility so I didn't realize there were places out there that didn't put the horses care first. It sickens me that they take advantage of some boarders who have limited knowledge on the proper care and safety around horses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2012 05:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Dallas-Equestrian/McKinney-Texas-75069/North-Dallas-Equestrian-Starved-my-Horse-McKinney-Texas-961760. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Dallas Equestrian