Complaint Review: North Mississippi Medical Center

• Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By: LIZ — Hornsby Tennessee United States of America
North Mississippi Medical Center
830 South Gloster st Tupelo, Mississippi United States of America

North Mississippi Medical Center NMMC poor patient care on 6th floor, total lack of care in emergency room. Tupelo , Mississippi

I was sent to the hospital emergency room by my physician who sent a letter informing the emergency room that he thought my appendix had ruptured as my white count was 27000. When I was taken in all that was done was my bp and temperature was taken and I was then sent to sit in the waiting room for almost 2 hours. As I was running a high fever I was very cold and my fiancee asked could I please have a sheet or blanket for cover, we were told no and we were also told he could not bring one in from our truck.

When I was admited I was placed on the 6th floor which was horrible. I was very sick and needed a clean gown and after 3 hours got one. Every time the my IV ran out it took over 45 minutes for someone to respond, same way with my meds if I needed my shot I would push the call button and after 20 minutes my fiancee would go and ask for someone to come give my meds or to change the IV. We were told by the head nurse if someone did not respond to the call just hit the button again in 10 minutes.

I was there for three horrible days and the sheets on the bed were never changed nor was the room ever cleaned, the one dirty gown I had changed out of was still in the floor of the bathroom the day I was discharged.

This hospital needs to be investigated for their lack of patient care.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Mississippi-Medical-Center/Tupelo-Mississippi-38801/North-Mississippi-Medical-Center-NMMC-poor-patient-care-on-6th-floor-total-lack-of-care-i-996680. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Mississippi Medical Center