Complaint Review: North Myrtle Beach Computers/ Computers Direct

• Submitted: Tue, November 16, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, November 16, 2010

• Reported By: Dale — Florence South Carolina United States of America
North Myrtle Beach Computers/ Computers Direct
Unit B 119 Highway 17 South North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina United States of America

North Myrtle Beach Computers/ Computers Direct Are Thieves and Scammers North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

I guess I was to lazy at the time to post what these guys did to me but it needs to be done. These guys are the same typical computer repair scam artist's as Computer Inferno that used to be in Myrtle Beach. I ran my Iphone 4 over and a buddy told me to call the guy on Craigslist in Myrtle Beach. I saw they're ad and thought that they were who he was talking about, boy was I wrong. I drove all the way in from Florence and as soon as I walked in the store I got an uneasy feeling. The guy I handed my phone over to said he would have a "tech" look at it and call me within an hour to give me a quote. I hung around the beach and an hour went by with no call, no big deal. But after 2 hours I called them, they then quoted me a price of well over $500 for a new logic board. I almost crapped myself and said wow, I'll just come get it when I get the chance.

I talked to my buddy again and told him what happened and he told me I'd screwed up and I was supposed to take it to a guy named Jason that repairs this stuff. I got his number and looked him up and he talked to me for about 45 minutes about the situation. I told him I'd go pick it up and take it to him for a second opinion. He actually offered to go and pick it up for me so I wouldn't have to drive all the way in. But I have a nephew that lives at the beach and I would get him to do it. I called Computers Direct/North Myrtle Beach Computers and told them he'd be coming up the next day to get it and to please give it to him. The guy didn't even want my nephews name for crap sake. He said just tell him to ask and we'll give it to him, what the hell? Next day he goes to get the phone and as soon a he asks for it the guy goes in the back and my nephew hears him say " hey where's that Iphone 4 at we didn't think that guy was coming back to get"?

One of the guys comes back out and says " the phone is in prep mode and will be ready in 10 minutes". I later found out from Jason that with a gun to his head he couldn't reassemble a torn down Iphone 4 in 10 minutes. My nephew took the phone to Jason who opened it right in front of him. Guess what, half of the guts of my phone were missing. The whole charging/loud speaker piece, the camera, the vibrator and the battery. My nephew drove back up there and asked the same guy where the parts were without accusing him of anything. The guy immediately got defensive and says " we don't steal parts". Well you sure as h*ll forget to put things back together. He goes in the back talks to another guy again and walks over to this cardboard box. All of my "missing" parts were pulled from that box in under 1 minute. They knew exactly what they'd done it wasn't like they had misplaced it. Its also really d*mned obvious to see all of these parts missing when your putting the phone back together.

I later had Jason tell me that the phone had also been exposed to heavy amount of water in addition to being ran over. He suggested putting it on Clist or Ebay and selling it for parts rather than attempting expensive repairs. He said to use that money and buy a 3gs and save some bucks and some less headache. He said this phone would always have issues regardless of putting in a new logic board. I offered him money for his time several times but he insisted he would not charge me since he fixed nothing. I'd strongly suggest you check around on people before you take your stuff to them. North Myrtle Beach Computers/ Computers Direct does in fact have an F rating, I wish I would have known that before all the trouble.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2010 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Myrtle-Beach-Computers-Computers-Direct/North-Myrtle-Beach-South-Carolina-29582/North-Myrtle-Beach-Computers-Computers-Direct-Are-Thieves-and-Scammers-North-Myrtle-Beac-662485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Myrtle Beach Computers/ Computers Direct