• Report: #419062

• Submitted: Mon, February 02, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 02, 2009

• Reported By:Greenview Illinois
North Shore Agency Inc
270 Spagnoli Road Melville, New York U.S.A.

North Shore Agency Inc False claim filed for Prevention Magazine collection Melville New York

North Shore Agency, Inc. has mailed me a Request for Payment dated January 23,2009 indicating the Prevention Magazine claims to have sent me a number of letters for payment of $12. I paid for a full year of the magazine and did not and do not plan to renew. They claim the matter is still unresolved. What matter? Prevention Magazine has never forwarded anything other than the magazine to my attention.

Phone calls to both North Shore Agency Inc and Prevention Magazine left me frustated. No "live" representative answered either call. Directions to me from the canned message on the NSA phone line says that I can simply write a note on the reverse of the tear off portion of the letter disclaiming the debt but that further letters may be delivered to me. I fully intend to follow this insturction but will also write letters with copies to the Illinois Attorney General to both NSA and Prevention Magazine. Upsetting me most about this situation was finding that my younger son went through this same mess earlier in the year over another magazine. He gave up his efforts to set things right and finally paid the bill for something he did not then receive. I will not pay the $12!

After reading other reports here concerning the same situation other people are confronting, my opinion is that this is all a scam by a company that needs to be stopped.

Lorna
Greenview, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2009 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Shore-Agency-Inc/Melville-New-York-11747/North-Shore-Agency-Inc-False-claim-filed-for-Prevention-Magazine-collection-Melville-New-Y-419062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Shore Agency Inc