Complaint Review: North Shore Agency, Inc

• Updated: Sat, November 07, 2009

• Reported By: WKE235 — Mokena Illinois United States of America
North Shore Agency, Inc

North Shore Agency, Inc Demand payment for non-existant subscription, Internet

I also have received a letter from North Shore Agency requesting payment for a non-existant magazine subscription.  I let the subscription run out months ago.  And suddenly, this pink paper will bill arrives that gives me the opportunity to pay them $28.00.  The letter is cunning.  NO where in the letter does it state that I OWE $28.00 (which would be a lie).  It merely says I have not responded to previous letters (true), they placed the account with NSA (OK), and I have the opportunity to reinstate (AH .. the key word in the WHOLE thing) my subscription and opportunity to settle the account for only $28.

One line does hint at possible future collection activity (this is the fear they try to toss at you).  But again, nothing says I actually OWE any money.  Basically it is carefully worded to try and fool me into reinstating my subscription, one I do NOT want to continue, by making me think I've already done so and have committed to the spend.

Best thing to do with this is reply in writing as stated in the back, deny the claim, and ask to never be contacted again with this scam.  Oh, and mention to them that NSA has been reported as a scam by thousands of people.  And top it off with a note that you are sending the information to the NY AG, since Cuomo started investigating NSA in May of 2009, so you're sure they'll want more evidence like this.  You might even mention the class-action lawsuit filed against NSA in Florida working it's way through the courts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2009 04:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Shore-Agency-Inc/internet/North-Shore-Agency-Inc-Demand-payment-for-non-existant-subscription-Internet-521031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Shore Agency, Inc