Complaint Review: North Shore Agency / Kids Discover

• Updated: Tue, August 18, 2009

• Reported By: Parent of — Deltona Florida USA
North Shore Agency / Kids Discover
192 Lexington Avenue New York, New York United States of America

North Shore Agency / Kids Discover referred my child to a collection agency for payment magazines they never recieved. Deltona, Florida

I signed up and paid for a subscription of Kids Discover through my childs school. I decided I didnt want to renew the subscription because, as a desktop publisher myself, I think the general layout and design of this magazine is substandard and very boring for a child to read. Just compare Kids Discover to quality magazines like Nickolodeon or National Geographic Kids.

Kids Discover magazine displays awards on the back of their publication. So I checked to see if these were valid; The Golden Lamp Award was actually awarded to them back in 1999, they did receive a gold award from Parents Choice in 2004 but there is no record of them winning in 1996 and 1997, AEP is the same organization that does the Golden Lamp awards and I could not locate Kids Discover winning any award for Children's Periodical of the year.

Like the other two reports on this site, we have recieved "an early warning notice from north shore agency for a subscription of magazines we have not recieved regardless of the letters I have written stating very clearly that we do not want these magazines.

I would suggest to other parents to avoid this magazine like the plague, and schools to stop promoting these scam artists.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2009 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Shore-Agency-Kids-Discover/New-York-New-York-10016/North-Shore-Agency-Kids-Discover-referred-my-child-to-a-collection-agency-for-payment-481703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Shore Agency / Kids Discover