Complaint Review: North Shore Agency

• Submitted: Sun, March 04, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, March 04, 2012

• Reported By: Anon — Anywhere Nationwide United States of America
North Shore Agency
4000 East Fifth Ave, Columbus, OH 43219 Columbus, OH/ Westbury, NY, New York United States of America

North Shore Agency NSA Collections Letter; Phone # automated, Requested 12-digit ID# off letter; ID# on letter is ONLY 11 DIGITS = Hang Up! Columbus, OH/ Westbury, New York

In 2011, I was sent products from Masterpiece, which I returned.  I also requested my account be cancelled.  I continued receiving products, and continued returning them.  The last products I received/returned were in November 2011.

In February 2012, I received a letter stating that if I didn't pay and respond by a certain date (which had already passed!), my account would be sent to collections.  I spoke with a man at Masterpiece, who assured me my account was cancelled, had a $0 balance, and would not be/ had not been sent to collections.

Shortly thereafter I received a letter from "North Shore Agency" regarding this account at Masterpiece.  They are saying I owe them money, pay now "to avoid further collection efforts," etc.

I called the number for North Shore Agency on the letter, 866-486-2424, which is an automated system.  There is an extension number, if you don't enter it, you get disconnected.  If you enter it, you are then prompted to enter your "12-digit ID# found at the top of your letter."  Guess what?  The ID# at the top of my letter has...11 DIGITS.  Entering only 11 digits gets you disconnected for an "invalid entry."  There is absolutely no way to speak to any sort of representative for this company.

I spoke with Masterpiece again and was assured that they would "call off" the collection agency, but when I asked for a copy of the letter they claimed they would send to NSA, I was told it would take at least 2-3 weeks.  I am not confident this is over, and plan to call back and speak with a different customer service rep until I get a satisfactory answer.  I have also emailed Masterpiece to inform them of the situation.  I am trying to cover my bases, while growing more suspicious that "Masterpiece" and "NSA" are in cahoots...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2012 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Shore-Agency/Columbus-OH-Westbury-NY-New-York-/North-Shore-Agency-NSA-Collections-Letter-Phone-automated-Requested-12-digit-ID-off-l-848542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Shore Agency