Complaint Review: North Shore Agency

• Submitted: Fri, January 30, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 27, 2009

• Reported By:Eugene Oregon
North Shore Agency
270 Spagnoli Road Melville, New York U.S.A.

North Shore Agency Falsely claimed I owed PREVENTION MAGAZINE for a subscription I DID NOT renew. Melville New York

*Author of original report: UPDATE: Prevention Magazine and North Shore Agency

I subscribed to PREVENTION MAGAZINE a year ago, and paid for a 1-year subscription in FULL, a total of $16.94, dated 2/11/08.

I have decided not to renew the subscription, but today received a letter from North Shore Agency, dated January 23, 2009. They claim that PREVENTION magazine sent me a number of letters and "has not received payment for the magazines you ordered and they shipped to you" and further state they are giving me the "opportunity to resolve this matter".

The letter also states that I "must respond to this letter to resolve this matter". They go on to say that "This is an attempt to collect a debt...".

I did not ever receive any letters from PREVENTION magazine.

I did not renew my subscription and did not indicate I wished to do so to PREVENTION magazine.

They are claiming I owe PREVENTION magazine $12.00. The address to which I am instructed to send the money is NOT North Shore Agency, but rather PREVENTION magazine.

Brenda
Eugene, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2009 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Shore-Agency/Melville-New-York-11747/North-Shore-Agency-Falsely-claimed-I-owed-PREVENTION-MAGAZINE-for-a-subscription-I-DID-NOT-418377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Shore Agency

UPDATE: Prevention Magazine and North Shore Agency

AUTHOR: Sue - (U.S.A.)

The day after I received the letter from North Shore Agency, I sent a letter to them stating that I do not owe any money to Prevention magazine as I did NOT renew my subscription and will not do so. I also stated that if I am contacted again regarding this matter, I will report it to the Better Business Bureau and the New York State Attorney General's office.

Next, I sent a letter to Prevention magazine instructing them to CANCEL my subscription. I said that the letter I received from North Shore Agency trying to force me to continue my subscription was reprehensible and I do not wish to be contacted again by Prevention OR North Shore Agency.

In the meantime, I had received an offer to subscribe to Women's Health magazine. Not realizing that it is ALSO a Rodale Publications magazine (like Prevention) I sent for the free trial issue. Then I discovered that both magazines are published by the same company.

As soon as I received a bill for the Women's Health magazine (which came before I even received the trial issue) I wrote CANCEL across it and sent it to them.

As of today (February 27) I have not heard from Prevention, North Shore, Women's Health or Rodale. Have received no more issues of Prevention magazine or Women's Health. No more letters. I think the matter is resolved.

I will NEVER subscribe or purchase a Rodale Publications product again.