Complaint Review: North Shore Agency

• Submitted: Thu, April 16, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 16, 2009

• Reported By:Houston Texas
North Shore Agency
www.northshoreagency.com/billing Melville, New York U.S.A.

North Shore Agency Received collection notice from NSA for US,called US,I hadn't been turned into collections.Finally got through to NSA, said they didn't have my info!The NSA letterhead matched letterhead on website Melville New York

*Consumer Comment: NEVER EVER CALL A COLLECTION AGENCY AND NEVER GIVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION

I received a collection notice from NSA stating that my payment for US weekly was past due. I found that a bit odd, condsidering, I had just renewed my subscription the previous month. For one week straight, I unsuccessfully tried to reach NSA.

Finally, I called US customer service. I paid my subscription fee in full. I let the CSR know about my concerns, and asked why my name had been put into collections - ecspecially when I had received no invoice fron US yet. The CSR told me that my name had not been put into collections, and not to worry about it. BUT NSA is their collection agency!!!! I had her check to make sure that my name did not come up under a different spelling, etc. It did not. There was only one person in the system at my zipcode, and at my address. I guess when you see that collection notice - you want to make sure that every base gets covered. Ecspecially in today's economy.

FINALLY, I got through to NSA. now, I know this is the same NSA that sent me the letter, because I looked everything up on the web, it had the same letter head, format, etc. When the CSR asked for my info, I gave it to her. I let her know that I had spoken with US magazine (I probably should not have done that just to see what would have happened.) I let her know that they had not turned my name into collections, and I wanted to know why I had received a letter from them. She acted clueless, and she said they did not even have my information on file. How strange. I received a collection letter from the company that does their collections?

I sure am glad that I did not pay on their automated system. And I am so lucky that I looked up their phone number up on the web. I will do this with any "bills" I receive now.

Annc94
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2009 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Shore-Agency/Melville-New-York/North-Shore-Agency-Received-collection-notice-from-NSA-for-UScalled-USI-hadnt-been-turn-444029. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Shore Agency

NEVER EVER CALL A COLLECTION AGENCY AND NEVER GIVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

You did the right thing contacting US Weekly and making sure there was not a problem FIRST.

HOWEVER MOST COLLECTIONS AGENCIES CANNOT BE TRUSTED and if they sent you a collection notice that was not sent to them by the original creditor - they were fishing for money and or information to do something illegal.