Complaint Review: North Shore Collections

• Updated: Thu, July 12, 2012

• Reported By: Peggy — Austin Texas United States of America
North Shore Collections
4000 East Fifth Avenue, Columbus, Ohio United States of America

North Shore Collections Reader's Digest Charges for returned items; difficult/impossible to contact; may be intentionally fraudulent Columbus, Ohio

Reader's Digest sent a group of CDs which I returned to their return address.  They continued to charge me. North Shore Agency, acting on Reader's Digest's direction, sent me a dunning letter.  I had decided that it would be simpler to pay them, and clear the account, even though I do not possess the goods.  Their automated center will not take American Express, which I use for tracking purposes.  They have it listed, but will not take the card information.  The "customer service" number, 800-745-2935, kept me on hold for ten minutes, and then disconnected the call, without releasing the line.

Reader's Digest is intentionally difficult to contact directly.  They make it impossible to return items you do not want or need.  If North Shore is part of Reader's Digest, they are no better.  They can not be contacted.  They do not want to process AMEX cards, possibly others as well.

I consider both groups to be committing fraud.  I will be contacting the State of Ohio Secretary of State's office to see what can be done about North Shore.  I will also check to see where Reader's Digest is incorporated to do the same. I would suggest avoiding both companies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2012 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Shore-Collections/Columbus-Ohio-43219/North-Shore-Collections-Readers-Digest-Charges-for-returned-items-difficultimpossible-t-911056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Shore Collections