Complaint Review: North South Leasing

• Updated: Tue, July 01, 2014

• Reported By: Dee — Putney Vermont
North South Leasing
Fraiser, Michigan USA

North South Leasing Fraudulent Commercial Truck Leasing----All they do it STEAL your hard earned money Fraiser Michigan

*Author of original report: That answered no questions and Gave no defense to your Company

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: WHAT WE DO

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: What we do and Our Process

About a year ago now I contacted North South Leasing about a commercial truck rental. I checked them out and they didn't seem like they would be a company that would rip you off. They had a website and they were placing ads and claimed to have multiple loactions. So I filled out my application, sent them all the information that they requested, and after getting a "pre-approval" sent them a deposit for a truck. I sent them a certified check for $750.00, they got it an cashed it within days!!! After they got my money, they stopped returning my emails, which should have been my first clue. Then I spoke with Bob (the owner) and he told me he was just finishing up my paperwork (which they had had for a couple weeks at this point) and that everything should be set to go in a few days and he would call me to finialize a pick up for the truck that we had placed a deposit on. About a week later I called him to find out what was going on and he informed me that he "no longer felt comfortable completing the deal". When I asked why he could not give me a good legitimate reason. He sited nothing about my credit history or payment terms, he just had a "gut" feeling. So I asked when I could expect my deposit back since he was going back on the terms of our agreement and he said within 30 days. Well now it has been almost 1 year and he has not given me back my $750.00. I have tried to contact him several times, by phone, emial, and his website. I have also reached out to other numbers that he has had listed. When I have reached someone, Bob is always busy and unable to speak with me, but I am told he will call me back shortly. Those called NEVER came. My number has not changed nor my email address so there is no excuse as to why he has not returned my many calls, emails, and messages!!! If you know what is good for you and your company you WILL NOT use this company as they are SCAMMERS!!!!!!

Thank goodness I did not make a deal with them, things have actually worked out in my favor with other endeavors that I have persued and my company is better off and prospering thanks to the valuable lesson I learned from them. Never again will I try to work with a company like this, unless they have been fully vetted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2014 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-South-Leasing/Fraiser-Michigan/North-South-Leasing-Fraudulent-Commercial-Truck-Leasing-All-they-do-it-STEAL-your-hard-1124733. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North South Leasing

That answered no questions and Gave no defense to your Company

AUTHOR: MDJ Transport LLC - ()

Instead of just listing what your company does, explain what happened in my case. I sent all the paperwork and a certified check for the deposit in the amount of $750.00. I contacted you and was told that all things were good to go and my paperwork was in order. You said "I just have to finalize everything" and I mistakingly believed that you werean honest comany. Just days later you backed out saying you had a gut feeling this was bad.Along with telling me I would get a refund of my $750.00. Which I still have NOT gotten back.

Countless phone calls have gone unreturned. And obviously trying to contact you thorugh here has accomplished nothing, as you will not even acknowledge our deal. Nor has it prompted you to return my money. I am hoping that thorugh this site I am able to warn people against using your services as you do not follow through on your end and your promises.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

WHAT WE DO

AUTHOR: Bob anderson - ()

We at North South Leasing have been in business for 10 yrs with the same name and only two address. We have helped over 2000 Truckers get a truck with less than perfect credit. Our system has not changed we do ask for a $29 application fee and then we send a detailed list in the lease document to the customers. They can take as long as they need to decide if this is a lease that they want to proceed with.

These documents LIST IN BLACK AND WHITE exactly what you will need to get a truck just like the mortgage company you must prove income / residency / etc. We do ask for $750 deposit to hold that truck for 14 days while you supply us with we you agreed to above.

Below is what we need and most people who have posted here cannot supply the document even after they said they would and signed the lease agreement.

THIS STATEMENT IS RIGHT ABOVE THE SIGNATURE OF THE CUSTOMER.

*We will need to verify and approve all items in order to fund your lease. All deposits are nonrefundable. At time of pickup we will also need a copy of insurance for full value of equipment with NORTH SOUTH LEASING as ADDITIONALLY INSURED and LOSS PAYEE.

ITEMS NEEDED BEFORE WE CAN FUND

1. Year to date pay stub
  2. Three months bank statements
  3. Hauling contract with phone number to verify employment
  4. ❏ Copy front and back of driver’s license
  5. Signed original documents with thumb print
  6. Certified funds for advance payments (Cashiers Check, Money Order…)
  7. Proof of Business (DBA, LLC, Schedule C…)
  8. ❏ Verify six personal references not related to you (with docs)
  9. ❏ Copy of latest two years personal and business taxes
  10. Proof of residency (copy of utility bill in applicants name)
  11. ❏ Copy of last month’s cell phone bill (all pages)
  12. ❏ Completed ACH form with original voided check from business checking account

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

What we do and Our Process

AUTHOR: Bob anderson - ()

THIS STATEMENT IS RIGHT ABOVE THE SIGNATURE OF THE CUSTOMER.

ITEMS NEEDED BEFORE WE CAN FUND

1. Year to date pay stub
  2. Three months bank statements
  3. Hauling contract with phone number to verify employment
  4. ❏ Copy front and back of driver’s license
  5. Signed original documents with thumb print
  6. Certified funds for advance payments (Cashiers Check, Money Order…)
  7. Proof of Business (DBA, LLC, Schedule C…)
  8. ❏ Verify six personal references not related to you (with docs)
  9. ❏ Copy of latest two years personal and business taxes
  10. Proof of residency (copy of utility bill in applicants name)
  11. ❏ Copy of last month’s cell phone bill (all pages)

salary