Complaint Review: North Star Alarm

• Reported By: Terry S. — Sterling Heights Michigan United States of America
North Star Alarm
1280 S 800 east, suite 200 Orem, Utah United States of America

North Star Alarm Deceptive sales misrepresentation Orem, Utah

Upon receiving the sales call that our ADT honeywell equipment was being updated to a wireless system. I set up an appointment for my 94 year old mom. The salesman said that he would upgrade my mom's system as long as we displayed their sign for five years for advertising purposes. Given her age my question to him was what happens if God forbid she has to go into a nursing home or worse he assured me not to worry! The contract would be cancelled. Now the good part upon my notification of my mom's passing away in January I was told that unless I had something in writing from the salesman about the contract termination that the balance of the five year contract will be sent to her estate. By the way the robot on the other end offered no condolences, just be prepared to pay for services to a deceased person for the next 4.5 years. When I sent the death notice to them for termination of contract they asked for 10 days to make a determination. Which allowed them time to withdraw another 46.99 from her account. I cannot fathom how these people sleep at night but I guess they sleep very well. I will be contacting our state attorney general about their practices. they have received their last payment from the estate and hope they pursue legal action...It will be fun exposing these slime balls. Avoid this company at all cost.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Star-Alarm/Orem-Utah-/North-Star-Alarm-Deceptive-sales-misrepresentation-Orem-Utah-1009453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Star Alarm