Complaint Review: North Texas Tollway Authorty

• Submitted: Fri, June 05, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, June 05, 2009

• Reported By:Watauga Texas
North Texas Tollway Authorty
5900 W. Plano Pkwy #200 Plano, Texas U.S.A.

North Texas Tollway Authorty Misleading signs and uncooperative 'Customer Service' Plano Texas

*Consumer Comment: No you won't

I recently visited N Dallas, and mistakenly got onto what it seems now is an operating toll road.
This 'operating' toll road had to be exited several times due to its STILL BEING BUILT.
Also noted signs stating that 'there are no toll booths in operation'.

Little did I realize that there was never going to be toll booths, there were existing and operational tag cameras. I received a notice, called and got nowhere. I then emailed all info on letter and received a reply asking for more info. I resent (in a reply) the info and heard nothing back.

Then I received a collections letter (agency) that took my small 13 tag fees ($15) and turned them into $500 (fees). Upon contacting (again) NTTA, I was told there were no records of any emails, I should've called (did -also no records) and that there weren't any such signs (I'm a liar, it appears).

I paid the $500 to keep this from going to warrant (giving time for those replies I didn't receive).

I'm way on-board with any class-action, possibly would consider individual action.

David
Watauga, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2009 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Texas-Tollway-Authorty/Plano-Texas-75026-0928/North-Texas-Tollway-Authorty-Misleading-signs-and-uncooperative-Customer-Service-Plano-T-458973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Texas Tollway Authorty

No you won't

AUTHOR: Hugh Jass - (U.S.A.)

If I remember my law classes (I am not an attorney) you can't sue any city, state, or the US Govt. except under very limited circumstances...unless they consent. It's called the doctrine of Sovereign Immunity. Try the Governor's office as many states have a department that helps with this kind of problem.