Complaint Review: North Texas Truck Stop

• Submitted: Mon, October 20, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 01, 2010

• Reported By:Nevada Texas
North Texas Truck Stop
8321 Rendon Bloodworth Road Mansfield, Texas U.S.A.

North Texas Truck Stop DECEPTIVE SELLING PRACTICES Mansfield Texas

*General Comment: Lied to about truck

Purchased 2001 Dodge Ram pickup truck after a test drive. When I ask about the brakes which seemed to be grabbing, Mr. Harvey Kirkland (the sales person) said he would have his shop check them out. When I returned, Mr. Kirkland told me his mechanic said there was nothing wrong. The next morning the brakes seized up and it cost $500 to repair. Mr. Kirkland has never acknowledged my attempts to contact him concerning this matter. At the very least this is deceptive selling and at the worst out and out fraud. If you have any dealings with this company, I suggest you believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see. This seems to be just another "rip off" used car lot.

Dale
Nevada, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2008 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Texas-Truck-Stop/Mansfield-Texas-76063/North-Texas-Truck-Stop-DECEPTIVE-SELLING-PRACTICES-Mansfield-Texas-382952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Texas Truck Stop

#1 General Comment

Lied to about truck

AUTHOR: Jimmy - (United States of America)

I flew down to texas to pick up a truck that was suppose to be in great condition and was told by the salesman Mark that the truck was a great truck and it drove great! I was told it only had two scratchs and one dent on the truck other then that it was a top of the line truck!

I flew down to texas and when i got to the truck everything i was told was a lie! The shocks were leaking oil extremly bad! I went for a test drive and there was next to no power steering and the steering pump was growling and didn't sound good at all! I inspected the body and it was it terrible condition! There was scratches all over the place and it had clearcoat peeling off of it! It was the worst thing i had ever been lied about! I would never reccomend anyone ever buying a truck there!! Marc was very rude toward me and i seemed like they didn't care about my opinion at all!

I did find a truck i could leave with but it wasn't the one i had planned on. I would be embarased to take the truck home i was planning on! The new truck was dirty and i asked if i could get them to wash it and marc response was " well ur driving it home its going to get dirty" it was a sunny day! How is it going to get dirty on a sunny day and dry roads? I barely was able to get them to put diesel in the truck, the only reason they did was because it was below E! The sad thing is is that they wouldn't even negotiate on price at all they didn't care about me at all!