Complaint Review: Northam Assurance Inc

• Submitted: Mon, July 23, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, July 23, 2012

• Reported By: Goldie — orangevale California United States of America
Northam Assurance Inc
2655 Richmond Ave suite 301 staten island ny 10314 Staten Island, New York United States of America
  • Phone: 4696658144
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Northam Assurance Inc I received letter in mail for mistery shopper and was giving a fraud check Staten Island , New York

I recieved a letter in the mail to do a "mystery job"

My job was to deposit a check for $1498.70 into my checking account send $995 via Western Union to Atlanta GA  plus pay the $90 fee for Western Union

fax or email reciept to the number and email then to shop Costco with $63.70 as a mystery shopper

I was to keep the remaining $350 from the check.

In the letter they told me to do this within 12-24 hours of deposting check into my account.

2 days latter I find out that is was a fraudulent check and my checking account is negative and I have to pay my bank back the money for "mystery shopping" It was a big scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2012 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northam-Assurance-Inc/Staten-Island-New-York-10314/Northam-Assurance-Inc-I-received-letter-in-mail-for-mistery-shopper-and-was-giving-a-frau-916287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northam Assurance Inc