Complaint Review: Northcentral University NCU

• Submitted: Thu, November 13, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 18, 2008

• Reported By:Jacksonville Florida
Northcentral University NCU
10000 University Drive Prescott Valley, Arizona U.S.A.

Northcentral University Northcentral University NCU Not allowed to finish (ABD) Prescott Valley Arizona

*Author of original report: TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NCU - Northcentral University

*Author of original report: NCU - To clarify

I am a student at NCU (NORTHCENTRAL UNIVERSITY) in their PhD program. I am a straight A student with the University. I had an over 3.5 GPA in my MBA program. I am trying to complete my degree and I am not able to get passed the ABD process.

After filing a harassment complaint with the University, my entire experience changed. Now I have had to pay for my most recent "course" twice and no one will speak with me. They have sent me emails stating that they do not speak with students (which I have documentation of) and that all communication can "be handled through email".

Their actions have intentionally made it impossible for me to complete my degree - after spending thousands of dollars and a significant amount of time and energy.

Student
Jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2008 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northcentral-University-NCU/Prescott-Valley-Arizona-86314/Northcentral-University-Northcentral-University-NCU-Not-allowed-to-finish-ABD-Prescott-V-390868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northcentral University NCU

TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NCU - Northcentral University

AUTHOR: Student - (U.S.A.)

Well, so much for Dr. Gardner. After telling me that he was going to call me back and is assistant Stephanie scheduling for him to speak with me on 3 occasions, he has now refused to get involved. Dr. Turner has instructed everyone not to take my calls - so I cannot speak with my advisor or "mentor" - she has given dozens of excuses for this, but everyone of them is contradicted in emails that I have from her.

I will spend time this week posting the actual emails that I have received so you can see what you can get in the PhD program at NCU.

I have no doubt that this is not the situation for everyone. This is my experience. Just a warning for those of you who are considering NCU.

I would also suggest that you stay away from Dr. Babb - unless you want to rewrite every assignment. As a student who has straight A's in their PhD program and has NEVER been asked to resubmit a paper, I suddenly find that every paper I submit is rejected. Again, just my experience. I'm sure it's different for everyone. Just don't count on Dr. Gardner!

- Northcentral University

NCU - To clarify

AUTHOR: Student - (U.S.A.)

I am hoping to speak with Dr. Gardner to resolve this issue. I have faith that he will take the appropriate actions and I will be able to update this report with a positive response soon. I want to be clear that I think very highly of him as an academic leader and he appears to go out of his way to work with students and create a positive learning environment. I do not think that he has been made aware of my current situation (I have tried) or else I believe it would have been resolved months ago.

My goal is to find a resolution and to be able to complete my education and earn my PhD. I do not want to take away from other students' positive experiences and I do not want to disparage the university. I am hoping that by raising my individual concern, I will be able to complete my education and move on.