Complaint Review: Northcentral University

Northcentral University
10000 University Drive Prescott, Arizona USA

Northcentral University How and when to get out? Prescott Arizona

*Consumer Comment: comment

Northcentral University sorely misrepresents itself. I am only seven weeks into  my Master's in Psychology program and I want out. I want out now. I  have never felt so alone in my edcational pursuit.

My "mentor" for my first class has suspicious grading policies; she never gives an expplanation for her comments, such as "Improper APA format" or "Need more details." She has given me other student's feedback. She has erased m work on "fill-in-the-blank" assignments and gave me a zero! She will not communicate - she has missed three pre-arranged phone call meetings. I could go on about her misconduct but, enough said.

My second metor is in South Africa and does not read English very well. I cannot speak with him by phone or by e-mail. The only responses I get to my e-mails says,"Thank you for your comment."

What I need to know is should I quit before my first class ends on Sunday (with a zero on an assignment) or wait out the second class? The classes are staggered. What happens to my financial aid, if I quit?

I will be watching this site for a response.

Lori

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2013 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northcentral-University/Prescott-Arizona/Northcentral-University-How-and-when-to-get-out-Prescott-Arizona-1051764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northcentral University

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

The answer to your question is NOW - leave NOW. This degree will not get you anywhere in your career.  You will probably forfeit your financial aid and have to pay for the first class, but that's a small price to pay to avoid the disaster you're headed for.

Withdraw from that second course and keep ALL documentation. Get your withdrawal in writing and save it forever. These types of schools are notorious for poor record-keeping and you never know when they'll hit up up for a "balance" you don't owe.

Most brick and mortar colleges and universities have online programs for the working adult. Check with your state system first, as they're usually the least expensive.

Good luck!