Complaint Review: Northeast Veterinary Referral Hospital

• Updated: Tue, October 22, 2013

• Reported By: Kim — Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania United States of America
Northeast Veterinary Referral Hospital
242 South River St #200 Internet United States of America

Northeast Veterinary Referral Hospital DO NOT take your beloved pets to this horrible place! They DO NOT care about the wellbeing of your beloved pet. They ONLY care about how much money they can get out of you. Internet

*General Comment: Unsubtantiated critical report

I brought my sick cat to this "animal hospital" and a few days later I picked up his box of ashes.  My cat spent a total of one night in this horrid place.  The vets kept stringing me along telling me that if I did this test they can give me an answer as to what was wrong.  I agreed to test after test with no answers.  My cat had a buildup of fluid in his abdomen and after numerous tests the vets were still unable to tell me what the fluid was (urine, infection, etc).  In one night I spent around $1,500.  I was then told that I could opt for surgery, which may or may not work and would cost $3,500.  I finally pleaded with the vets to tell me what was really going on.  I was well aware that they wanted to get as much money out of me as possible.  I was finally told that my cat was critical and they didn't feel anything could be done.  I was sick to my stomach as I had this disgusting female vet put my beloved cat to sleep.  I can never recommend this place to anyone.  I would feel like a terrible person if I did.  This place controls our small area because it's the only animal hospital available and they know it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2012 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northeast-Veterinary-Referral-Hospital/internet/Northeast-Veterinary-Referral-Hospital-DO-NOT-take-your-beloved-pets-to-this-horrible-pla-881325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northeast Veterinary Referral Hospital

#1 General Comment

Unsubtantiated critical report

AUTHOR: Administration - ()

The person who has written this report has not provided any detail as to when this happened and the names of those involved.  I am a consultant to the company and would be happy to research the problem and try to verify and resolve the issue.

I can only state that the Northeast Veterinay Referral Hospital has been in business serving the area since 2008. It has thousands of satisfied clients and prides itself on the the high quality of care it provides to its patients.  Our reputation is important to us and want to protect it.  Obviouly not every animal that comes through our doors can be saved.  We are very sorry when we through no fault of ours have to put a pet down. This may have been one of those cases and it appears that it was over a year ago.

We see hundreds of cases a month most of which have excellent outcomes.  These are critically ill pets and our emergency doctors, internists, cardiologists, surgeons and technicians care about the patient and the owner.

Thank you for reading out rebuttal and we would be happy to do more reseach into the matter if given the opportunity.  Don Roskos, Acting Administrator