Complaint Review: Northern Credit Serice

• Updated: Fri, February 03, 2012

• Reported By: Leah — Yreka California United States of America
Northern Credit Serice
419 S Broadway Yreka, California United States of America

Northern Credit Serice Carter-Jones Collections They would rather sue you then accept payments Yreka, California

*Consumer Suggestion: Bankruptcy ???

*Consumer Comment: Hmmm...

*Consumer Comment: Not exactly a ripoff.

This company is impossible to work with.  I have a large amount of medical bills that are outstanding due to having been ill and having a few surgerys in a short period of time. I have made arrangements for automatic payments to the hospital and everyone except Northern Credit since they do not provide this service.  I was able to contact my bank and set up a auto pay for Northern Credit but now that I have done this, I am being told by Northern Credit that the amount I can pay is unacceptable.  The payment amount is the same as what I am paying the hospital and I owe Northern Credit not a fraction of what I owe the hospital!  I am trying to make an effort to pay off this debt but they are unwilling to cooperate with me in anyway to come to a agreement.  While on the telephone with them today, I was told  that they would not accept the amount I can pay that I am facing litigation in 5 days.  When I told the person I was speaking with that perhaps I should contact the main company concerning this matter, che actually hung up on me.  Now how professional is that?  I have forwarded a copy of the letter threatening to sue me and a copy of the scheduled payments to the main company along with a explaination of what occured with Northern Credit.  So in 5 days I will find out if the parent company is actually willing to help me pay off my debt or if they are just out to take a person to court and make it even harder for them to pay the debt due to added court costs and attorney fees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2012 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northern-Credit-Serice/Yreka-California-96097/Northern-Credit-Serice-Carter-Jones-Collections-They-would-rather-sue-you-then-accept-paym-833439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northern Credit Serice

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Bankruptcy ???

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Medical bills are the #1 reason for bankruptcy. Give it some careful, informed thought. Talk with a bankruptcy specialist about the cost and benefits of taking this route. Sure, it stays on your credit record for 10 years but you start rebuilding your credit again immediately. If your credit is fairly good you may be able to just have the court discharge the medical expenses but keep you car and credit card accounts valid. Again, talk to a specialist, usually an attorney.

Hmmm...

AUTHOR: patti - (United States of America)

So, the only Northern Credit Services I can find doing an internet search is a collection agency.  Is this correct?  If it is, that means that you've already defaulted on your debt.  They honestly don't care who else you owe money to.  Their business is to collect money from you.  Once the "main company" turns over the debt to collection they have given up on you.  I doubt that they will work with you.  In fact, they may well have just sold the account to the collection agency and have nothing to do with it.

You are not being ripped off.  They are not obligated to work with you.  If you had paid your obligation you wouldn't be in this situation.

Not exactly a ripoff.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

I am being told by Northern Credit that the amount I can pay is unacceptable. "

This is really the issue.    You say the amount should be acceptable, they say it is not.  As the person who owes the money and has already defaulted on the initial agreement, you are not in a position to dictate the terms of repayment.   Sure, it would be nice if everyone would go along with your plans and live happily ever after, but that rarely happens.

" they are just out to take a person to court and make it even harder for them to pay the debt "

On the contrary.  It would be stupid for them to make it more difficult to collect their money.

The bottom line is that this company thinks it can get the money it is owed more quickly by obtaining a judgement, then possibly attaching bank accounts and paychecks.   Are they wrong?