Complaint Review: Northern Leasing Systems, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, October 05, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 08, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Big Bear Lake California United States of America
Northern Leasing Systems, Inc.
132 W 31st Street 14th Floor New York, New York United States of America

Northern Leasing Systems, Inc. Wants Settlement to discontinue $42/mo lease for a $99 product. Have already paid approx $1200 for this product. New York, New York

*Consumer Suggestion: How do you fight companies like this

My credit card processing company, Transfirst in Colorado, called me in June 2009 to tell me that my current processing terminal was outdated and that I need to update to a current terminal to prevent hacking. By law, they said.  They offered me a monthly lease for a terminal that they said cost over $2000. I signed up for a 48 month lease at $34.98/month (the rate has increased to $42/month since then).  Recently, I switched to anopther credit card processing company because of my outrageous rate of Transfirst. The new company offered me the SAME terminal for a total cost of $99.  When I called Northern Leasing to send the terminal back and discontinue the lease, they wouldn't budge, stating I had nine months left and must pay a settlement of $310. Crazy.  How do I stop them from ripping me off more than they already have?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2012 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northern-Leasing-Systems-Inc/New-York-New-York-10001/Northern-Leasing-Systems-Inc-Wants-Settlement-to-discontinue-42mo-lease-for-a-99-pro-951341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northern Leasing Systems, Inc.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

How do you fight companies like this

AUTHOR: They Get Away With It - (United States of America)

How do you fight these types of companies that prey on small businesses.  The merchant company they associate with is also a complete SCAM, and judging by the number of complaints just on this site, there must be someone that can shut them down.

Don't ever do business with companies like this.