Complaint Review: Northern Leasing Systems

• Submitted: Fri, April 30, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, April 30, 2004

• Reported By:Redondo Beach California
Northern Leasing Systems
132 West 31st Street, 14th Floor New York, New York U.S.A.

Northern Leasing Systems, Neos Merchant Solutions dishonest scumbags ripoff scam artists New York (Nationwide!)New York New York

I was contacted by Neos Merchant Solutions to process credit card payments for my business. I was offered membership rewards cards for my loyal customers and told that they would lower my monthly processing fees. I was previously with Bank of America with whom I had never had a problem (at $30/month). When I canceled B of A's service, they were cordial and there were no cancelation fees involved. I then asked Neos' representative if there would be any cancelation fees (in the event I was unhappy with their service). I never received the complete order of membership rewards cards from Neos so I canceled their service. I was also unhappy with the $70/month charge ($40 more than what I had been paying with B of A). Upon cancelation, they told me there would be no fees to discontinue their service. I was then contacted by Northern Leasing Systems regarding their credit card terminal.

They reminded me that I had signed a contract for leasing their credit card terminal. Upon my review of the lease agreement (which is written in mice-type!), the contract states that no verbal agreement can change the contract. Of course the verbal agreement with Neos (the company with whom I had signed up with) was therefore void. Luckily I had closed my bank account to which Northern Leasing had access (so they have not had any way to collect the remaining 45 MONTHS of their monthly fees!) but now they are calling me continuously day and night!

T
Redondo Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2004 03:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northern-Leasing-Systems/New-York-New-York-10001/Northern-Leasing-Systems-Neos-Merchant-Solutions-dishonest-scumbags-ripoff-scam-artists-N-89605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northern Leasing Systems