Complaint Review: Northern Leasing Systems

• Submitted: Thu, April 10, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, April 10, 2008

• Reported By:Harpswell Maine
Northern Leasing Systems
132 West 31st. St New York, New York U.S.A.

Northern Leasing Systems, Rude, Insulting and Deceptive New York New York

We are in the last month of our lease agreement for a credit card terminal. We have called to make sure that we are covering all of the "bases" in returning our terminal...at this time we have called four times since February and each time there is one more layer of fees or requirements.

One of the customer reps was rude and abrupt; he asked me if I had read the agreement we had signed and I told him that it was illegible the day we signed it and that it was still illegible, such tiny unreadable text.

His response was, "You're an adult and I shouldn't have to hold your hand like a child. You should read the agreement and do as it says." He also said that any outstanding charges would be logged against our credit report...I don't recall if there were further "threats".

The next day when I called to make sure I had included everything in the package to return the equipment, I was informed of a 30-day cancellation fee. Her explanation and reason was very confusing.

We are not done with them and will try to contact them or see if they will return our call and see how far we can go to get more info. We are returning our equipment, but are not sure if we will be paying the "new fees".

There will be more to report when this is "resolved".

Cundy's harbor
Harpswell, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2008 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northern-Leasing-Systems/New-York-New-York/Northern-Leasing-Systems-Rude-Insulting-and-Deceptive-New-York-New-York-325028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northern Leasing Systems