Complaint Review: Northern Leasing

• Submitted: Wed, February 09, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, March 03, 2005

• Reported By:Pullman Washington
Northern Leasing
http://www.northernleasing.com/ New York, New York U.S.A.

Northern Leasing Systems Visa Sales Rep Lied! Ripoff! New York New York

*Author of original report: More about Northern Leasing Systems

*Author of original report: three-year non-cancelable

I read "three-year non-cancelable" Lee Tusburg, Visa sales rep said "oh, if it doesn't work out just call me," i'll fix it (or anther words to imply release of obligation of the terms of the contract. Now I get law suit threats

anxious to get my new business started, the Sage Inn Restaurant, I signed the vias equipment lease agreement on the sales rep's word that he would cancel it with a phone call. Two months later, when the business failed I called him with notice. His response was less than warm, and certainly evasive.

I then faxed him asking exactly what was up? He did not respond to the fax. About thirty days later I received a call from Northern Leasing Systems that my account was overdue and I better payup or they will ruin my credit and bring suit. Feeback from a person other than myself who discussed the issue with Lee, is that I should continue to pay the lease rates until it is convenient for him to "sub-lease" it. Not going to do it.
Help!

Dennis
Pullman, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2005 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northern-Leasing/New-York-New-York-10001/Northern-Leasing-Systems-Visa-Sales-Rep-Lied-Ripoff-New-York-New-York-130719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northern Leasing

More about Northern Leasing Systems

AUTHOR: Dennis - (U.S.A.)

When talking to Northern Leasing representatives, they state that the person that sold me the lease was not an employee of theirs and therefore are not accountable nor responsible for the results of his lies.

I am a salesperson in a respectable business. My employment agreement states that if I lie to a customer I will be fired. Because Northern Leasing Systems does not hold accountable those who sale their lease's, doesn't this become entrapment? Wouldn't it be just as easy to fire dishonest salespeople as to collect money from people who were lied to to get a signature? But this would substantially reduce Northern Leasing's Systems income, wouldn't it? So Northern Leasing Systems has performed an act of premeditated robbery in it's failure to demand honesty from those who make the sale in their behalf. No business person would sign a three or four year non-cancelable agreement while opening a new business without a promise to cancel the agreement. The salesperson deliberately played-down the power of the signature on the agreement, promising to make it go away.

No one knows a company better than its salespeople and if they say they can fix things why wouldn't I believe it? And, why should I be punished because of his lie? He ought to be jailed, right?

I am agreeable to a class action law suit, anybody with me?

three-year non-cancelable

AUTHOR: Dennis - (U.S.A.)

Should have read:

I read "three-year non-cancelable;" and, Lee Tusburg, Cardpayment Solutions "Visa" sales rep said "oh, if it doesn't work out just call me," i'll fix it (or other words to imply release of obligation of the terms of the agreemment.) I took him for his work, now I get law suit threats and harassment calls.

Anxious to get my new business started, the Sage Inn Restaurant, I signed the lease agreement on the sales rep's word that he would cancel it with a phone call. Two months later, when the business failed I called him with notice. His response was less than warm, and certainly evasive.

I then faxed him asking exactly what was up? He did not respond to the fax. About thirty days later I received a call from Northern Leasing Systems that my account was overdue and I better payup or they will ruin my credit and bring suit. Feeback from a person other than myself who discussed the issue with Lee, is that I should continue to pay the lease rates until it is convenient for him to "sub-lease" it. I am Not going to do that.

The Washington State Attorney General will receive notice from me soon asking to rebuke their right to do business in the State of Washington.