Complaint Review: Northern Leasing

• Reported By: Jodi — Douglasville Georgia United States of America
Northern Leasing
132 W 31st Street 14th floor New York, New York United States of America

Northern Leasing deceptive sales New York, New York

I started a business 4 years ago and decided to accept credit cards. A lady came to my office and set me up with an account and gave me a credit card terminal to use. I told her that in my business, I would not have the physical card but would have the account numbers on file. She told me that was fine I would just have to punch in the numbers on the terminal instead of swiping the card. She did not give me any other options at all.

I followed this procedure for two years and all went well. My family wanted to go on vacation so I called my credit card company to find out how I could charge my clients from out of town. At this time I was told that I could have been using the online terminal and should have never been given the equipment I had been renting at $40 a month. I called Northern Leasing to stop my service and they actually told me that "if the sales girl could have sold me a refrigerator, she would have. That is what sales is all about."

So needless to say I quit paying them, closed my checking account so they couldn't debit money out and have been fighting them ever since. Now I have been summoned to court in New York because they are going to sue me. I am sick of big companies screwing the small guys. Running a business is hard enough.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northern-Leasing/New-York-New-York-10001/Northern-Leasing-deceptive-sales-New-York-New-York-977236. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northern Leasing