Complaint Review: Northern Tool Co

• Updated: Wed, June 19, 2013

• Reported By: notagain! — Hilliard Florida
Northern Tool Co
Internet USA

Northern Tool & Equipment co. The Forearm Forklift Lifting Straps I purchased and used twice, broke in half. Refused to replace or refund because of age of product. Internet

I purchased Item 14305-Forearm forklift lifting straps in 2007.  I did not use them for a year, but kept them in their container in my pantry/tool room.  I used them twice, and then this last month, 2013,  my neighbor was helping me lift a smallish refrigerator and i said, "Wait, I have just the thing!"  As we were going down 5 steps, one of the straps broke almost cleanly intwo and dropped the refrigerator on the floor.

I explained to Northern Tool, that they had been kept clean and almost unused in my house (as this is not the type of tool you might use frequently) .  I asked for a refund and they almost laughted at me.  They said this tool only had ONE MONTH warranty.

I replied nastily that I saw they were aligned with  H***** F******, so no wonder their product was shoddy.  The straps look like new, even now, although the one is snapped in two.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2013 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northern-Tool-Co/internet/Northern-Tool-amp-Equipment-co-The-Forearm-Forklift-Lifting-Straps-I-purchased-and-use-1060430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northern Tool Co