Complaint Review: Northern Tool + Equipment

• Submitted: Mon, November 24, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, November 24, 2008

• Reported By:ewing New Jersey
Northern Tool + Equipment
2800 Southcross Drive West Burnsville, Minnesota U.S.A.

Northern Tool + Equipment Improper restocking fee Internet

I ordered an air compressor from Northern Tool knowing that it would not ship for at least 16 days. After a month I called to check on the status and was told that the item was on back order for another 6 weeks. I canceled the order and purchased a compressor locally. Two days later I received an email stating that the item was shipped.

I called the company and and explained the situation and told them that I felt that I should not be charged the restocking fee of over 100.00. They agreed and sent me an email verifying this. Sure enough they credited my card for the cost but not the restocking fee. No more business from me.

ewing, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2008 04:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northern-Tool-Equipment/West-Burnsville-Minnesota-55306/Northern-Tool-Equipment-Improper-restocking-fee-Internet-1032676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northern Tool + Equipment