Complaint Review: Northern Tool + Equipment

• Web:
  • Category: Customer

Northern Tool + Equipment Big Company Contempt For Customer Internet

*Author of original report: Northern Tool + Equipment Update

I ordered and paid for a Husqvarna chainsaw to be sent to Australia. About four weeks later I get an email saying they had received my returned order and had refunded my money. Well I did not return the order - and the money refunded was minus the shipping cost. I have sent numerous emails and they have not bothered to reply.

I have since found out that Husqvarna have a policy that their items are not to be shipped from the US. If this is the case why was my order taken in the first place and why the farce about me returning the order instead of just cancelling the order. "As always your complete satisfaction is our top priority" This is the quote published on Northern Tools web page - Do not believe it.

"In order to obtain a refund or exchange, prior approval must be given by Northern. Please click here for the Return Authorization Form or call 1-800-222-5381 (8AM-5PM, CST, Monday through Friday)." That paragraph was taken from their Terms and Conditions - at no time did I ask for or received a return form.

By not bothering to answer my emails is the big company treating the customer with total contempt and being an overseas customer makes it even harder for me to try and receive an answer. I do not know what sort of QA Procedures this company has but I think the customer service department is well overdue for an audit (if they have a QA system).

Nigel
Pemberton
Australia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2007 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northern-Tool-Equipment/internet/Northern-Tool-Equipment-Big-Company-Contempt-For-Customer-Internet-258103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northern Tool + Equipment

AUTHOR: Nigel - (Australia)

Well I have received my refund - I could not get a reply to my emails as soon as I updated I got a email from Northern Tools the following day.

Thanks again RipOff Report I am quite sure they monitor your site - which is a big plus for us consumers.

AUTHOR: Nigel - (Australia)

Well I think I spoke too soon regarding the refund of my shipping cost. Despite getting an email on the 10 July saying the company would refund the money - I am still waiting.
Maybe this is Northern Tool company policy - promise the world and give nothing.

AUTHOR: Nigel - (Australia)

Well tonight I received an email saying Northern Tool will refund my shipping cost.

I have to retract my statement saying that I had lost it.

Mind you they did sell me a chain saw that they were not supposed to (Sending overseas) and it took ages until they replied to my emails regarding my so called return. The other thing that came to light was that USPS stopped their surface shipping overseas on the 14 May and this item was posted surface mail on the 12 of May.

Thank you Rip Off for providing a place where a customer can air their complaints.

AUTHOR: Nigel - (Australia)

Surprise surprise I have finally received an answer from Northern Tool regarding the return of the chainsaw.

They say the chainsaw should not have sold to me as they are restricted to selling Husqvarna products in the USA and Canada.

Because the item was posted USPS surface mail and there is no tracking they are saying the item was more than likely returned by Australian Customs. Surface mail would not have reached Australia in 4 weeks and Australia Customs would have notified me regarding actions and any costs.

I do not like my chances of getting my freight cost returned but they at least had the decency to answer my emails - after a long wait.