Complaint Review: Northern Van Lines

• Submitted: Wed, January 02, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 02, 2013

• Reported By: lb — little rock Arkansas United States of America
Northern Van Lines
500 E. 8th St., Suite 290 (bogus address!!) Eugene, Oregon United States of America

Northern Van Lines Beware OF This Fraudulent Company Eugene, Oregon

This company is full of nothing but pure, unadulterated ripoff artists.  I caution anyone considering using them to rethink their plans.  They begin with an amazing quote and very friendly, polite conversation.  All "yes, ma'am" and "anything you need, ma'am" and "don't worry about a thing, ma'am."  As soon as they have you over a barrel, however, they stick it to you.

I was given a quote and required to place a down payment of 1/3 of the quote, followed by another 1/3 on the day of pick up.  They did not show up on the day of pick up, nor on the back-up day of pick up.  By that time, I had to leave for a job interview in the city where I was moving.  They did not return phone calls or emails but finally did arrive a couple of days later to pick up my things.  Just before delivery, I got a call from the driver who quoted a final price of nearly three times the original quote of the final third.  He also told me that if I didn't pay, he would deliver my things to an undisclosed storage unit where they would remain until I paid the amount in full.  This is against the law, but I had to pay up because I had to get my things back.

I have repeatedly tried to contact the company by phone, email, and snail mail.  The letter sent to their snail mail address was returned with a Post Office stamp saying that the address did not exist.  They have not returned my calls or emails.  I have filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau, Oregon's Attorney General's Office, the Federal Motor Safety Carrier Administration, all to no avail.

Avoid these crooks at all costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northern-Van-Lines/Eugene-Oregon-97401/Northern-Van-Lines-Beware-OF-This-Fraudulent-Company-Eugene-Oregon-990256. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northern Van Lines