Complaint Review: Northland Group Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, September 25, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, September 25, 2013

• Reported By: R. York — Olympia Washington
Northland Group Inc.
7831 Glenroy Rd., Suite 250 Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

Northland Group Inc. Sent a letter stating I owed $345.03 to LVNV Funding LLC, which has assigned the account to Northland. Minneapolis Minnesota

Received letter from Northland Group Inc. stating that I owed a debt to General Electric Capital Corporation for $345.03.  I have never heard of General Electric Capital Corporation, nor have I done business with this so-called company.  I do not have any debts to anyone.  I called the number on the letter and spoke to a man who did not give me his name.  He asked for the last four digits of my social security number and I refused to give him that.  He said that he would not talk to me unless I gave him that.  I refused and then he hung up.

The letter also says:  The law limits how long you can be sued on a debt. Because of the age of your debt, LVNV Funding LLLC will not sue you for it and LVNV Funding LLC will not report it to any credit reporting agency.

At the top of the letter it states the amount to settle the original debt is $86.28.

Again, I have never had a debt with any of these people and believe it must be a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2013 01:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northland-Group-Inc/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55439-3133/Northland-Group-Inc-Sent-a-letter-stating-I-owed-34503-to-LVNV-Funding-LLC-which-has-1087293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northland Group Inc.